Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,570   Online: 799

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Sid Kaplan, talk about Weegee- 25 October, 2pm in Newcastle

Not sure if this was posted here already but he is such a great printer worth mentioning twice

Talk: Sid Kaplan, who has also documented New York, printed for Eugene Smith, Robert Frank and many others, will talk about Weegee and the portfolio, Saturday 25 October, 2pm, FREE

Side Gallery
    5-9 Side, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3JE

webaddy: http://www.amber-online.com/sections...re-exhibitions

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I hadn't seen this and it should be good. Not that I'll get there but if I wasn't over 200 miles to the south, I would make it a date for the diary.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This was a great event and it was amazing to hear Sid reminisce about the olden days in Wegees New York with some fantastic anecdotes and insight into the business back then.

He will be a further 2 weeks in Newcastle and doing some print work for Amber. If anybody is interested the Gallery is offering 1on1 slots with Sid in this time. So if you live local and want to look over the shoulder of one of the great in darkroom just get in touch and see if there is still slots available.

The exhibition is well worth a visit and shows some great images, prints and curiosities.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again. If we want to promote darkroom printing (and what's our purpose, if not that?) this is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen. A great idea by the gallery and Sid. I hope some APUGers wil go along and then give the rest of us their thoughts on the experience.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I put my name down and have to stop myself checking my email every hour...

Here is more information on the Weegee portfolio and an interview with Sid Kaplan: http://www.amber-online.com/sections...o-an-interview.

Here is a link to some of Sids work from a 2006 exhibition: http://deborahbellphotographs.com/sidkaplan.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin