Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,395   Online: 872

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I vote for the SW too.

The Cotswolds have been mentioned but if we are looking for photographic locations then I don't think this area is best for a weekend. The countryside is not very accessible. It would need someone who knows the area very well to act as a guide.

Tony

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    SW sounds good to me. Looking forward to the response.
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy to go along with the majority!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Do we have any willing "locals" to act as guides in either Devon or Cornwall?

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know west Cornwall inside out so this would be fine with me. Not photographed in Devon/ east Cornwall though.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know North Devon very well (lived and photographed there for 30 years) so if you need assistance on locatiobs etc I can help. Now live in West Cornwall and can travel up to Devon or assist here as well. But Bill is a local chap and his Cornish knowledge would be greater than mine.

Cheers,
    Neil.
    www.mono-inthedark.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, if it's an open invitation, I'm up for it. The only dates I'm definitely not up for are the weekend of 28 March as (a) my birthday's 26/3 and (b) my missus has bought us tickets to go see 'an evening with Joe Cornish' in Chelmsford (just round the corner from where I live) that weekend.

Not fussed about venue as I've lived / travelled all over the place in my time and it'd just be great to meet some kindred spirits. SW sounds good, though, as it's a VERY long time since I had a holiday in Devon or Cornwall and the opportunity of some big seas and moorland in springtime sounds tempting. Happy to go with the flow if another venue is chosen, mind you.

Do you tend to take over a guest house / hotel for the weekend? We booked all the rooms in a hotel in Windermere a few years ago as part of a fell-walking trip. It's incredible the discounts you can get if you pick an 'unpopular' weekend.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to help with the logistics if help is needed.

Paul
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I live in east Cornwall and I'm more than willing to show people my neck of the woods if its needed.
    I know its a further drive for alot of folk but my vote would go towards west Cornwall, some really amazing coastline down there. I've just got back from a fortnight in Cuba and if I had to pick a place out of west Cornwall and Cuba to photograph again it would definatly be Cornwall!

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Guys, is it time for a vote ?

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like it Martin. The options seem to be Cornwall, Cornwall, Cornwall... or Devon...

Any additions to:
    * West Cornwall (St Ives?)
    * Mid/East Cornwall (Newquay?)
    * North Devon (???)

Locals please feel free to suggest better bases - I don't know the area at all!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin