Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,677   Online: 1070
      
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79
  1. #21
    bill spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cornwall England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    565
    Images
    31
    Pity about Carbis bay being booked as it would be ideal as far as having a meeting room for viewing prints etc. This is the one aspect of the gathering that I would look forward too.
    I think Carbis also have quite a few self catering properties of which some are located almost next to each other. Not sure how the prices work out though and logistics of dividing people up into them might be a pain.

  2. #22
    bill spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cornwall England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    565
    Images
    31
    Just phoned a friend in St Ives who mentioned these: http://www.pednolva.co.uk/the-hotel http://www.garrack.com/

  3. #23
    Neil Souch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    West Cornwall, UK.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    333
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by bill spears View Post
    Just phoned a friend in St Ives who mentioned these: http://www.pednolva.co.uk/the-hotel http://www.garrack.com/
    Bill,
    The Pednolva quotes parking at £7 per day - maybe a consideration for some?
    Unable to get the Garrack link working but I think I checked that one out yesterday.

    Neil.

  4. #24
    bill spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cornwall England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    565
    Images
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Souch View Post
    Bill,
    The Pednolva quotes parking at £7 per day - maybe a consideration for some?
    Unable to get the Garrack link working but I think I checked that one out yesterday.

    Neil.
    Yes, just noticed - what a rip off !!

  5. #25
    delphine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London (UK)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    628
    Images
    13
    Ok guys, I just called the Pednolva. They have a private function on on our w/e, and only a couple of rooms available then. They are fully booked for the following w/e with a wedding party.

  6. #26
    delphine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London (UK)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    628
    Images
    13
    How far is Helston ?

    I found this hotel there and I just called them. They have 20 doubles and 1 single available. The single is at the price of the double, so I guess double rooms can have single occupancy. Out of the 20 doubles, there are 15 doubles at £72 per night per person which includes dinner bed and breakfast, there are 5 doubles (superior with sea view) at £84 per night/per pers incl dinner.

    http://www.polurrianhotel.com/

  7. #27
    Neil Souch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    West Cornwall, UK.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    333
    Images
    18
    Yep. that seems to be the general drift as I've just spent a while lookiing at a load of likey hotels and they all only have one or two two rooms left for that weekend :-( The problem seems to be the cheaper places only have about 8 to 10 rooms and the larger places with the facilities we need are either too expensive or nearly booked up. Can we have a hands up who's coming count to get an idea of the number we are looking at?

    Neil.

  8. #28
    delphine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London (UK)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    628
    Images
    13
    I am coming, still single.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plymouth. UK.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,401
    Images
    3
    Send me a PM when the accommodation is agreed.

  10. #30
    bill spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cornwall England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    565
    Images
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    How far is Helston ?

    I found this hotel there and I just called them. They have 20 doubles and 1 single available. The single is at the price of the double, so I guess double rooms can have single occupancy. Out of the 20 doubles, there are 15 doubles at £72 per night per person which includes dinner bed and breakfast, there are 5 doubles (superior with sea view) at £84 per night/per pers incl dinner.

    http://www.polurrianhotel.com/
    This looks good. Its near Mullion which is on the south coast, opposite to St Ives. The good thing about west Cornwall is it doesn't matter where you are, its easy to acess both north and south coasts because of the narrow peninsula. Mullion area is quite picturesque, not far from the Lizard, Britains most southerly point which is also very beautiful.

    As I'm in Penryn I'll be commuting down by car so won't need any accomodation.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin