Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,055   Online: 813

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Anyone here based in the West Riding?

I am a Leica M user living just North West of Leeds. We overlook Rombalds Moor which contains an amasing amount of ancient cup and ring stones which have been meticulously catalogued by the Yorkshire Archaeological Trust. This part of West Yorkshire is also very well known for it's development during the Industrial Revolution as a major producer of woolen products and the whole area is scattered with mills and millworkers houses, a topic which I find fascinating and one that makes for good photo potential. We overlook the Aire Valley which figured in the development of the area alongside the Leeds and Liverpool Canal navigation which is well maintained and also offers great photo potential.

We are about 13 miles from the Yorkshire Dales National Park which is an area of astounding beauty. An area that I have spent many hours in, climbing and photographing.

If you are not familiar with the area, I strongly recommend remedying that. If this seems like a tourism plug for this area then maybe it is.
    "Sharpness is a Bourgeois Concept"-H.Cartier-Bresson

Regards Kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethcooke View Post
    If you are not familiar with the area, I strongly recommend remedying that. If this seems like a tourism plug for this area then maybe it is.
    And rightly so Kenneth!
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We are about 13 miles from the Yorkshire Dales National Park which is an area of astounding beauty. An area that I have spent many hours in, climbing and photographing.

I am quite a bit south of you but as I have a friend who works at Leeds College of Music who lives in the area, I think I should arrange a photographic trip!

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    And rightly so Kenneth!
    Richard. Wonderful shots of the Dales, I particularly like your monochrome work which has of late become my preferred medium. I also notice you market darkroom equipment from Hawes. Do you get any black and white complete darkrooms coming in second hand? I did my own processing 30 odd years ago having concentrated on colour reversal since but now with my recent interest in B&W I would like to kit myself out. But basic stuff including a 35mm enlarger.

My new Leica M system has re- ignited my interest in the medium

Regards Kenneth

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I am quite a bit south of you but as I have a friend who works at Leeds College of Music who lives in the area, I think I should arrange a photographic trip!

Steve.
    I sometimes go to Leeds College of Music to hear contemporary music being performed. I hope you will give me a call if you make it

Regards Kenneth

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard. Wonderful shots of the Dales, I particularly like your monochrome work which has of late become my preferred medium. I also notice you market darkroom equipment from Hawes. Do you get any black and white complete darkrooms coming in second hand? I did my own processing 30 odd years ago having concentrated on colour reversal since but now with my recent interest in B&W I would like to kit myself out. But basic stuff including a 35mm enlarger.

My new Leica M system has re- ignited my interest in the medium
    Thanks for the kind words Kenneth! I don't deal in general darkroom equipment, just our own range of timers etc. so can't help you there I'm afraid. Try Secondhand Darkroom Supplies. They should be able to help.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Richard I will check them out. I might look you up sometime when I am beyond the Wharfes watershed

Regards Kenneth

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't live there, but spend most weekends flying from Topcliffe, and often fly over Harrogate way, but cant fly much further because of Leeds airport.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got married in Harrogate - Love Yorkshire, let me know of any meeting plans.
    Aynsley
    Consider this: Most lenses are better than most photographers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Kenneth, I was born in Stockport (dad was from Bawtry - South Riding in those days...) but I now live in Essex.

I've spent many happy days and weeks walking around the Yorkshire Dales and North Yorks Moors and fully intend to get up to Malham / Ingleton / Dent area this year as Spring arrives. An equally keen photographer friend of mine and our wives will (probably) also be there. It'd be good to meet up if you're up for it.

As and when I know when we'll be up there, I'll ask for some tips on places to visit round Ilkley, Haworth and Baildon / Shipley as that's somewhere with which I'm none too familiar and I presume it's close to where you live if you're NW of Leeds.

All the best, Paul.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin