Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,813   Online: 1107

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all
    I know I'm a bit late on the scene here guys, but I would like to join in the fun. I am fortunate to have good friends living in St Ives, so will be staying with them rather with you all at the Queens... but I plan to be around from Friday morning - Sunday midday. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new aquaintances! Richard Kent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkkap View Post
    Hi all
    I know I'm a bit late on the scene here guys, but I would like to join in the fun. I am fortunate to have good friends living in St Ives, so will be staying with them rather with you all at the Queens... but I plan to be around from Friday morning - Sunday midday. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new aquaintances! Richard Kent.
    Cool, thats great news Rich.

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkkap View Post
    Hi all

Good you can make it Richard and we look foraward to seeing you and joing in the fun

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In that case I'll pack me blue wellies again - that's providing you're up for the usual early start Richard!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Neil, do you have an itinerary planned yet?

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Neil, do you have an itinerary planned yet?

Martin
    Does that mean that you have finally decided to come along Martin ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin, no problems with an itinerary as we shall be right in the midst of wonderful photographic opportunities :-) All very close to hand as well! I did ask a while back if those attending could give me an idea on what they would like to do but so far I haven't seen any replies so I will shortly be having another go at this and will sort something out. The weather of course will play a big part as well as the tides if we are to go onto some of the beaches - and I assume you will want to onto our beaches!

So I would suggest these places should be worth thinking about.

Botallack area - coastal / mine workings etc.
    Cot Valley - beach - superb if tide is OK
    Gwithian - beach - coastal - lighthouse - tides must be Ok
    South Wheal Frances - inland old mine workings - very good.
    Layon Quoit - striking stone burial chamber.
    Newlyn harbour - just down the road from the hotel - fishing fleet etc
    Penzance harbour - just up ther road from hotel - intertesting harbour
    Old open air swimming pool on beach just up the road from hotel. Good opportunities when not open.

Loads more to suggest and do if required! All the above can be got to by car with a small amount of walking. Outdoor gear and sensible footware is of course needed. I reckon we could do about three loacations per day with say starting at 9am ish and finsishing at 6 pm ish. With having some flexibilty for tides / weather and lunch.

As mentioned above I will put an iteinery together nearer the date - but feedback would help unless you are happy to leave it to me. Keep watching this this space !

Neil.
    Last edited by Neil Souch; 02-24-2009 at 04:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Souch View Post
    Martin, no problems with an itinerary as we shall be right in the midst of wonderful photographic opportunities :-) All very close to hand as well! I did ask a while back if those attending could give me an idea on what they would like to do but so far I haven't seen any replies so I will shortly be having another go at this and will sort something out. The weather of course will play a big part as well as the tides if we are to go onto some of the beaches - and I assume you will want to onto our beaches!

So I would suggest these places should be worth thinking about.

Botallack area - coastal / mine workings etc.
    Cot Valley - beach - superb if tide is OK
    Gwithian - beach - coastal - lighthouse - tides must be Ok
    South Wheal Frances - inland old mine workings - very good.
    Layon Quoit - striking stone burial chamber.
    Newlyn harbour - just down the road from the hotel - fishing fleet etc
    Penzance harbour - just up ther road from hotel - intertesting harbour
    Old open air swimming pool on beach just up the road from hotel. Good opportunities when not open.

Loads more to suggest and do if required! All the above can be got to by car with a small amount of walking. Outdoor gear and sensible footware is of course needed. I reckon we could do about three loacations per day with say starting at 9am ish and finsishing at 6 pm ish. With having some flexibilty for tides / weather and lunch.

As mentioned above I will put an iteinery together nearer the date - but feedback would help unless you are happy to leave it to me. Keep watching this this space !

Neil.
    Mmmm!.....It looks to me that the itinerary is pretty much written Neil. And a fine one it looks too.

Thanks

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Stoo :-)

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Neil, one thing that I did appreciate with the APUG visit in Kent, 2 years ago now? was the variety with landscapes, little seaside town, fishermen area and lighthouses opportunities.

Of course, I am expecting to go to some pretty amazing beaches in Cornwall. It would be nice to move in sync with the tides and the weather. I'd personally rather have a pack lunch if the weather is great, or seemingly, don't mind having a great table lunch if the weather is Anglesey like.
    As we are a group, some people may feel differently... may be it would be useful to have tourist and adventurous hicker options available.

Also, if the weather was favorable, I was toying with the idea of some night photography (never done). Whilst talking about it, Stoo said that the 2 hours after sunset are the best.
    It could help giving a sense of accomplishment for those who can't wake up in the morning. :rolleyes:

My 2 cents for what they are worth,

Best

Delphine

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin