Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,726   Online: 898

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wolverhampton Camera Fair

Hi, Is anybody travelling from Scotland to the Wolverhampton camera fair on March 8? Hoping to cadge a lift as it's impossible to get there by train on a Sunday!! There's also one on April 26th.

Cheers,
    Simon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Are you looking for anything in particular? Just that it seems an awful long way to come. It's only an hour away for me and I only make it once every 18 months or so.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Mike, No, I'm not after anything in particualr - I've never been to one and I just fancied a look!

Cheers
    Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few years ago I went to a Camera fair in Derby but made the mistake of going late in the day, I'd like to go to another but they are few and far between.

The Wolverhampton Fair is always when I'm out of the UK, but I'm sure it's worth visiting.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It surely was. Sorry I could not offer a lift as I travelled from West Wales 3hrs each way but well worth it.
    Bargains I had :- Brand new bellows for Sinar 5x4 £20, 3 Toyo Double Darkslides £24, 50 sheets slightly out of date but fridge stored Velvia 50 £45, 2 new in the box 70mm casets for Hasselblad £10, 235 35mm slide mounts £17

Was sorely tempted by a couple of 6x9 folding Besslers, resisted and avoided SWMBO wrath at MORE cameras arriving.

I have always enjoyed the day spent there always come home with a bargain or two and enjoy just chatting to knowlageable traders who are always willing to talk about what for many is a hobby as well as a business, well worth the travelling if you get a chance.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was in two minds about going and decided not to in the end as I thought I'd spend too much money.

Did you see much short dated 35mm film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I was in two minds about going and decided not to in the end as I thought I'd spend too much money.

Did you see much short dated 35mm film?
    No not a lot, did get 10 rolls of Fugi Velvia 100 ( think it was velvia, its in the darkroom fridge so cannot check at the moment) for £25 just out of date.

Unfortunately I think the days of lots of cheap film at the fairs are about over, not supprising realy as fewer people are shooting film and the pros are not recycleing their stocks.
    How ever it is all too easy to spend too much, I only take cash, when it's gone its time to go home.

Regards Paul.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin