Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,178   Online: 1162

Shooter
    35mm

Saturday is Photography Night on BBC4

Can't find an existing post about this, but in case anyone wants to know, tomorrow night BBC Four has a string of photography programmes. All are repeats.

20:00 - Jacques Henri Lartigue: The Boy who Never Grew Up

20:30 - James Ravilious: A World in Photographs

21:00 - The Photographer, his Wife, her Lover (the life of O Winston Link)

22:20 - Robert Capa - In Love and War

23:45 - The Lost Pictures of Eugene Smith

00:25 - The Thirties in Colour, 1/4

01:25 - The Thirties in Colour, 2/4

02:25 - The Thirties in Colour, 3/4

03:25 - The Thirties in Colour, 4/4

Detailed schedule: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/program...les/2009/03/07

Shooter
    35mm
    I saw this on another site but minus the 30s in colour slots. If you include the repeat series of the Genius of Photography on BBC2 you've got eight and an half hours viewing all told from 7:00pm to 3:25am. That's a lot of photography

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It must be nice to have television worth watching!
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Videos in APUG Video section

Yes, I know, old news this thread. But for those who missed it, quite a bit is available on YouTube, and I have now added these in the APUG Video section.

- Jacques Henri Lartigue: The Boy who Never Grew Up - Video seems to be almost complete, in four parts

- James Ravilious: A World in Photographs - Small snippet of a longer documentary, still nice to see

- Robert Capa - In Love and War - Small snippet of a 90 minutes documentary

- The Lost Pictures of Eugene Smith - Seems to be complete, in four parts, well worth the watch

As said, you can find these in the APUG Video section, under the Photographers category...
    Last edited by Marco B; 09-28-2010 at 08:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now found the time to fully wath the Lartigue videos. Well worth the time too. I never realized Lartigue still used a large format camera when he made some of his vibrant "belle epoque" pictures showing people or vehicles in action. I always assumed they were captured with more mobile cameras, that were already available as far as I know at that time.

I also liked the fact he kept a diary on his photograph during his whole long life. An extraordinary collection, with over 200.000 photos...
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin