Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,910   Online: 1078

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

REVISED LIST FOR CORNWALL VISIT - 24/25/26 April, 2009!

Well done everyone this is shaping up to be a good group of APUG'ers in Cornwal in April

Here is the revised list:

Barry Wilkinson - staying at the Queens
    Brian Jeffery - staying at the Queens
    Stoo Batchelor - staying at the Queens
    Delphine - staying at the Queens
    Tony + Jean - staying at the Queens
    (Brook Hill)
    Mark Burley + Norma - staying at the Queens
    Richard Kent - staying in St Ives but will be joining in.
    Neil Souch + Jean - local will be joining in on all days
    Bill Spears - local will be joining in
    Ian Grant + nephew - camping and will be joining in
    Roger Bulock - staying at the Queens

More are still welcome of course - the more the merrier - so get down here and join in if you can

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the latest list as on 27/03/09.

Still time for more to decide to join in :-)

UPDATED LIST !

(Brook Hill)
    Keith Tapscott - staying at the Queens
    Roger Bulcock - staying F/S/S nights
    Daniel (simulatordan) - local will be joining in

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just how many lists are there ?

Ian Grant + nephew - camping and will be joining in still coming, flights booked

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking of travelling light to Cornwall and bringing just one 35mm SLR with a selection of lenses and filters and may be my Mamiya 7 II and a tripod.
    What will other apug members be bringing along? I must make myself a check list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be shooting in Cornwall anyway as part of an ongoing project so 10x8, 5x4 with a handful of lenses, and probably a Rolleiflex, but hopefully I will have an assistant

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    I was thinking of travelling light to Cornwall and bringing just one 35mm SLR with a selection of lenses and filters and may be my Mamiya 7 II and a tripod.
    What will other apug members be bringing along? I must make myself a check list.
    Keith, I don't like to leave anything behind as it is guaranteed that the photo opportunity crops up in which you will need it That said, you are just about spot on with what you are taking anyway. I will have my medium format outfit , 645n2 plus lenses for landscape work, and a newly acquired 35mm outfit for towns, villages, people, etc, so I can travel light and don't have to carry a great big ruck sack in to pubs and restaurants.

I have confirmed now and definitely have a room in the Queens, so look forward to meeting yourself and Ian, along with Roger, Bill, Daniel, and any other new faces that can make it. It is certainly shaping up to be a great trip. Special thanks going out to Neil

See you all soon

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone, just to say looking forward to meeting you and hoping you all make it here safely.
    It'll give me some incentive to get the camera out again as my photography's been a bit quiet lately due to other commitments. Don't forget to bring some prints along aswell becuase seeing work in the flesh is to look forward to also.

There may be a couple of other locals popping in aswell who, although are not official appuggers (yet) are very keen analoggers with some good work to show.

Lets hope the weathers kind.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't think we've ever met Bill, looking forward to meeting you and Ian... and everyone else that pops in of course.

Stoo you could've borrowed my Nikon 35mm film cameras anytime mate. Still can if you fancy trying them out...

Looking forward to seeing all of your prints in the evenings. It has been a while since I've seen any of them...

Regards to all...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Just how many lists are there ?

Ian Grant + nephew - camping and will be joining in still coming, flights booked

Ian

Quite a few lists I'm afraid as they have started to apper in two places but the latest one will always be in this thread now with a date attached

We look forward to seeing you Ian + your assistant!

LATEST LIST AS AT 28/03/09

UPDATED LIST !

(Brook Hill)
    Keith Tapscott - staying at the Queens
    Roger Bulcock - staying F/S/S nights
    Ian Grant + assistant
    Daniel (simulatordan) - local will be joining in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

It won't be long now and we shall try to lay some decent weather on for you!

What follows is a suggested running order for the Saturday and Sunday which takes into account the tides times at Cot Valley / Porth Navern and Godrevy / Gwithian. We could have had them better but not too bad - just needs a bit of thought to get you there at the right time. Anyway have a look at my suggestions and see if they suit your needs. Remember nothing is set in stone and folks can come and go as they like and do their own thing. A lot will decide on the weather of course but I am sure between us we can work around most things that are like to happen.

Saturday 25th April.
    Destination:
    Cot Valley / Porth Navern
    Meet in hotel car park.
    We need to organise the cars for this location as parking is restricted so some getting together will be required to cut down the number of cars taken. Two people are welcome to come with Jean and myself. Cars can be left in the hotel car park or at St Just in the main car park (should be free).
    Head for St Just and park in main car park to visit shops to pick up drink / food for Cot Valley / Porth Navern. Check there are not too many cars in group.
    Low Tide at this location is at 1150 so we should be there in good time (say 1015 ish) to see the tide out and turn which means you will be safe on the beach should you wish to go there.
    Stay at Cot Valley / Porth Navern until you wish to leave – say about 1500.
    Back to St Just to pick up any left cars and to use loos.

Destination:
    Botallack area
    No problem with car parking here and you will want to stay a while and wander about as there is a lot to do. Stay here as long as you wish!

Destination:
    Possibilities are: Lanyon Quoit, Cape Cornwall, Pendeen Light which could be looked at on the way back to the hotel.
    However Cot Valley / Porth Navern and Bottalack may take up all of your time so we will keep these as standbys- just in case.

Back to the hotel for dinner!

Sundayday 26th April.
    Destination:
    Newlyn – old and new harbours
    These are just a short drive along the road from the hotel and provide some excellent alternative photographic opportunities from landscapes / seascapes. We can’t stay that long as we need to get to Godrevy / Gwithian for low tide but as long as we are on our way by 1130 we shall be OK.

Destination:
    Godrevey / Gwithian
    As we are going through Hayle we shall stop and pick up some pasties for lunch at a local bakers !
    Low tide at Godrevy / Gwithian is 1300 so I expect to be there by 1200 which will give you ample time to work the beaches safely. There is only one section of the Godrevy beach where you can really get caught out by an incoming tide (trapped) and I will point that out to you.
    The area is a large and if the weather is OK you could well be occupied for a long time but let’s assume a move at about 1530 ish.

Destination:
    South Wheal Frances.
    Lots of old mine workings to explore here which should keep you occupied until it is time to return to the hotel.

Cheers,

Neil.
    Last edited by Neil Souch; 04-15-2009 at 01:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin