Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,744   Posts: 1,670,474   Online: 713

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    At Potzdam everybody took pic's of the castle down there, have been to Potzdam many times during the DDR and never had problems.
    Interestingly enough it is now forbidden there for commercial purposes, since the public(!) trust who owns the castle and the gardens does not consider them a public space (see http://www.markus-roehling.eu/?p=234).

In Holland just the islamic people don't want to be photographed, if you do, they can get pretty violent.
    Photographing people is a different issue if they are the main motive of a picture, though nobody has the right to become violent.

Militairy objects ? Which ones ? A bit of common sence I guess.
    No guessing. Those that are marked. In Berlin there are two such objects, where photographing is actually forbidden, but since the area where you may not photograph is not marked, you are allowed to photograph them.

Markus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Gute alte DDR-zeiten......... It was property of the people, Volkseigentum, and a public place.

Even they are not the main subject, islamic people can be quite agressive even if it is just in words.
    At one time I was photographing a bank on asignment and one of them started cursing that I should not take his picture while I was waiting for him to get out of my picture.........

Things have changed in Holland over the years and not for the better..... sad.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    I've shot for my own fun 3 times in China. Not once have I ever been stopped, questioned, harassed or otherwise looked at (other than being non-Asian). And I passed plenty of police/military people. On the other hand, when walking up the coast at a fishing port I decided to cut my walk short when I saw the really big white boat was a Chinese Navy vessel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I lived in China for 4 years, and was only asked to stop photographing once... that was around the central police station in Shanghai. Isn't it funny, that the UK is now more fascist than the great evil red China?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you ARE hacked off about the insurance fine--however in these days, photographing ANY infrastructural element, or government buildings could be viewed as some TERRORIST documenting a TARGET. Be happy in the fact they let you continue to photograph at that location. It pays to keep up with ones personal obligations FIRST, and obsess with our joys and pleasures when all else is met.
    Well that said, keep your inner eye on soft focus, and KEEP SHOOTING-- the more film we burn, the more the manufacturers will see the need to supply us.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Be happy in the fact they let you continue to photograph at that location.
    Bit of a strange attitude. The government serves the people, not the other way around!

Shooter
    Large Format
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There just needs to be a clear, stated policy - that's adhered to. I very much suspect that the reason we don't have a stated policy is because there'd be an public uproar. The problem right now is that we don't know where we stand. But it bothers me that as the authorities place more and more surveillance cameras on us they're restricting our use of cameras in a pubic setting. And more than that - it bothers me that I'm talking "them and us." Never thought I'd see that.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    35mm
    News item from 2 April at AP here.

Police and private security staff hassling people who conduct photography in public places is an ongoing problem.

A BJP article on the same subject.

This issue has cropped up before and AP has campaigned for the police to be enlightened. More news stories linked at the bottom of that one, AP forum discussion here.

It is interesting that the rozzers are well versed in (and keen to action) laws that suit their agenda but not those pertaining to civilian rights. There is a disturbing number of unnecessary and repressive actions taken under the guise of anti-terrorism. AFAIK they cannot normally demand your film/memory card or erasure, it's private property. You need to know your rights, see the link further up this thread.

Input from non-UK contributors seems to confuse the matter in a UK-specific thread and forum like this (no offence intended).

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must admit I realized that it was a UK thread, much too late. I just read the headline and then opened the thread. I guess many others do the same.
    I will have a look at the forum section a thread is filed under the next time.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin