Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,829   Online: 1174

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    Large Format
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There just needs to be a clear, stated policy - that's adhered to. I very much suspect that the reason we don't have a stated policy is because there'd be an public uproar. The problem right now is that we don't know where we stand. But it bothers me that as the authorities place more and more surveillance cameras on us they're restricting our use of cameras in a pubic setting. And more than that - it bothers me that I'm talking "them and us." Never thought I'd see that.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    35mm
    News item from 2 April at AP here.

Police and private security staff hassling people who conduct photography in public places is an ongoing problem.

A BJP article on the same subject.

This issue has cropped up before and AP has campaigned for the police to be enlightened. More news stories linked at the bottom of that one, AP forum discussion here.

It is interesting that the rozzers are well versed in (and keen to action) laws that suit their agenda but not those pertaining to civilian rights. There is a disturbing number of unnecessary and repressive actions taken under the guise of anti-terrorism. AFAIK they cannot normally demand your film/memory card or erasure, it's private property. You need to know your rights, see the link further up this thread.

Input from non-UK contributors seems to confuse the matter in a UK-specific thread and forum like this (no offence intended).

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I must admit I realized that it was a UK thread, much too late. I just read the headline and then opened the thread. I guess many others do the same.
    I will have a look at the forum section a thread is filed under the next time.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin