Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 812

Shooter
    Medium Format

Community darkrooms

Hi everyone, I have promised myself that I would get back onto monochrome photography this year - it's been a long wait! I'd like to try some Infrared as well as more traditional monochrome landscapes. However, I do not have any processing or darkroom facilities and was wondering if anyone knows of any community facilities - or anything similar - in the Lancashire area?

Many thanks,

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Gary, welcome to APUG.

Ilford have a list of community darkrooms on their website. That shows only this one in Lancashire, and no others near you:

PRESTON COMMUNITY ARTS PROJECT
    5A Waltons Parade, Preston, PR1 8QT
    Telephone 01772 88 77 85
    Fax 01772 55 88 06
    http://www.prescap.co.uk

There may well be others but you'd need to ask around. There might be an APUG member near you who would let you use their darkrrom.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Ian,

I did look at the their website before and assumed, wrongly, that it was mainly a youth project. Having contacted them, I now know different! The charge £7 for annual membership and £10 to rent the darkroom for a day, or £5 for half a day.

It would be good to get in touch with other APUG members in Lancashire. I'll have a look and see if I can wrok out how to find local members.

Thanks for welcoming me to APUG and for you help.

Kind regards,

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Brindley Arts Centre in Runcorn (I know its Cheshire) have a darkroom. I know this because I gave them one of my enlargers. You could always give them a call and see if they hire it out. What part of Lancashire do you live in. I live about 5 miles from Wigan.

Adrian

Shooter
    35mm
    Although it may not be of any use I have a B&W darkroom in my home in Leeds West Yorkshire. Members are welcome to PM me to discuss a get together. All I would ask is that they contribute to or bring thier own materials- I hope this may help someone
    "Sharpness is a Bourgeois Concept"-H.Cartier-Bresson

Regards Kenneth

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin