Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,496   Online: 1023

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    Actually it's Ian Robinson, a good friend and neighbour, for anyone Googling the book.

Best wishes,

Steve
    My mistake, thanks for pointing out my error Steve.
    Mark, perhaps I might see Norma and yourself around Chagford in July.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello All,

It was nice meeting you all in Penzance over the weekend. This is the first time I have been able to get to any of these get-togethers. It was a pity that commitments during the weekend meant I could only go the gwithian towans and Godrevy but I enjoyed it very much. Roger was good enough to spend some time showing me the mysteries of a 10 x 8 field camera; I had to explain to some visitors to gwithian why there were strange men walking around with very large cameras on their backs and why we didn't just use a D******l one. Seeing the prints on Friday night was great too. Thanks to all who set it all up and thanks to all for an enjoyable time - brief though it was.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatordan View Post
    strange men walking around with very large cameras on their back
    You calling me strange

It was all good fun, at one point Roger had an audience sitting above him at the edge of the cliff area

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seeing the 10x8's on location was a real treat, except for the fact that I now have a couple on my Ebay watch list ! Oh Dear

Sorry we didn't get to meet Daniel, must have missed you at Godrevy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stoo, thanks for posting the excellent pics of the weekend :-)

If you have not seen Stoo's pics have a look in the Gallery!

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just noticed that Stoo had posted more pictures in the gallery. Also Bill is printing fast ! Gee... my rolls are drying as I am writing !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm told that James is the first person who was on the Cornwall trip to get Swine flu :o but he isn't bothered, and is staying at University until over it, rather than pass it on to family.

When he's back at University after the Summer he'd like to meet up with any APUG'ers shooting around Dartmoor. He's keen to start shooting more with film but would like some pointers/help.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear that Ian, please send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

It appears that apug will be in the Peak District, and fadu will be in Middle England(!) this autumn. So perhaps a few of us in the southern/south western area could arrange a meet around Dartmoor? Anyone up for it?

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good idea Barry :-) Yes please on Dartmoor - one of my favourite places. Sorry to hear about James and wish him a speedy recovery. I heard today that my daughter Anna (teacher) has just been diagnosed with swine flu and is on the anti stuff. Quite a few cases now in the west especially in the Penzance area. We were over there on Friday - I am keeping everything crossed !

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear that too Neil and hope both of you don't get it.

Perhaps when James knows when he will be on Dartmoor we can arrange something?

Barry
    Last edited by BarryWilkinson; 07-05-2009 at 12:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin