Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,813   Online: 740

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Souch View Post
    I can't guarantee the Devon pasties will be up to the standard of the genuine Cornish ones though :rolleyes:

Cheers, Neil.
    You will get more meat in a Devonshire Pasty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The Cream tea's are better in Devon

Ian

There is a divided opinion on who invented the cream tea as well

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We'll let my wife decide She's unbiased but did enjoy a cream tea just up the coast from Botallack

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 07-08-2009 at 03:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: terrible spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    I am full of remorse :rolleyes:... I must admit that Stoo never had his second one .... :rolleyes:
    Delphine,you didn't :o I'll shall have to keep a bit more of a look out next time I hope you are still friends with Stoo !

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hope you are still friends with Stoo !

Neil.
    Neil, the relationship has been on thin ice ever since! What Delphine didn't realize was that she failed a test of frienship. You may have heard of a 'Honey Trap' where a wife will send in a beautiful blond to chat up their Husbands, to test their faithfulness, well, I did the same with that pastie! I left it in what I thought was good, honest hands, but alas, the pastie was never to be seen again :o Every conversation I have had with Delphine since, all I can see is this vision in my mind of it surrounded by other goodies on her plate, the devious look on her face as she slices it open with her knife, fully knowing that it was destined for someone else :o who was once a good friend.

Yes, Delphine failed the 'Pastie trap' The test of a true friend
    Last edited by Stoo Batchelor; 07-08-2009 at 05:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stoo - love it and I am still chuckling over that one :-) We shall just have to get the pair of you down here again (on separate occasions if you wish!!!) and lay on a table of hot pasties for you to sample :-) Oh, yeah, we can do some good photography as well if you insist ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I fret not the pastrie trap I bet you'll almost miss me pulling your leg (and accessorily your pastrie) next time you have a cornish pastrie...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    I fret not the pastrie trap I bet you'll almost miss me pulling your leg (and accessorily your pastrie) next time you have a cornish pastrie...
    Hi folks - shall we settle for Devon Pasties, drawn at dawn, at 30 paces, at Foggintor, with a rising mist, with cameras packed and ready to go, as soon as we possibly can ???

I promise you will have a jolly old time

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi folks - shall we settle for Devon Pasties, drawn at dawn, at 30 paces, at Foggintor, with a rising mist, with cameras packed and ready to go, as soon as we possibly can ???

I promise you will have a jolly old time

Neil.

I think I will settle for the Devon Pastie after all, as after some research I have found that they are definately the best :o

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...9&in_page_id=2

Sorry to break the news Neil:rolleyes:

Stoo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stoo - love it and I am still chuckling over that one :-) We shall just have to get the pair of you down here again (on separate occasions if you wish!!!) and lay on a table of hot pasties for you to sample :-) Oh, yeah, we can do some good photography as well if you insist ;-)

Cheers,

Neil.
    Though I will definately have to take you up on this offer I might even bring the Pastie thief with me

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin