Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 975

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Autumn 09 Meet?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Stick me on the maybe list for this as well! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let me tell you why I suggested Ironbridge. Looking at all the other place visited so far it's quite different, it's somewhere I know quite well but it isn't somewhere I photograph. I'd love to but would want to commit a serious amount of time, like 5 years

It's an extremely varied landscape, you have the flat plains to the East, the rolling hills to the West and the Gorge itself which is littered with remains of the Industrial Revolution. Ironbridge and Broseley are both Georgian style small towns with a lot of character and are quite unique.

In addition there are other interesting small towns within 15mins drive, Much Wenlock, Bridgnorth, oh & not forgetting the River Severn which was once navigable to Ironbridge and beyond for those that like Rocks & Water

I may well not be able to make it but it's somewhere worth going to, my wife loved it when I took her there last year. I studied at Ironbridge Institute (part of Birmingham University) in the late 90's so spent some time there. But it's up to you all to decide for yourselves.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shropshire sounds good - but then so does Derbyshire... The Peak District is usually fab. Has plenty of locations and more than a few reasonable places to stay I'm told...

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Soooo.... Several suggestions have been posted, when do we get to decide on location and dates ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I personally have no idea how to post a vote thingy - perhaps one or two of you do...

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Martin - Taking the liberty of bumping up again and including a list of suggestions to date. So far, we have nominations for:

• Shropshire - Ironbridge
    • Suffolk coast
    • Somewhere close to Cornwall
    • Ambleside
    • Derbyshire - Peak District

In reviewing earlier posts, the consensus would appear to be leaning towards the Ironbridge area, so I guess the next stage would be a formal vote and then decide on a date.

The title of this thread would seem to suggest an August weekend, maybe the bank holiday ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Martin - Taking the liberty of bumping up again and including a list of suggestions to date. So far, we have nominations for:

• Shropshire - Ironbridge
    • Suffolk coast
    • Somewhere close to Cornwall
    • Ambleside
    • Derbyshire - Peak District

In reviewing earlier posts, the consensus would appear to be leaning towards the Ironbridge area, so I guess the next stage would be a formal vote and then decide on a date.

The title of this thread would seem to suggest an August weekend, maybe the bank holiday ?
    No problem

The thread has been running for a couple of weeks and most of the suggestions seemed to be made fairly early on.

Is everyone happy to generate a new thread and run a vote?

Martin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Is everyone happy to generate a new thread and run a vote?

Set up a poll - Then re-reading your post, realised I have preempted you. Feel free to shoot me if/when we meet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Feel free to shoot me if/when we meet.
    No problem, you can have both barrels from a Westley Richards which was last used for shooting tiger by the Maharajah of Rajpur, I'll hand-fill the cartridges myself

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    . . . . . . . knowing my luck in Britain (& Cornwall) the powder will be wet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin