Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,430   Online: 1122

Shooter
    Medium Format

5X7 DDS's wanted please

Hi All, You are probably wondering why I have only put this in the UK All Regions and not in the Classified section....Answer I bought some Sinar lens panels from the USA bout 2 months ago and they got lost in the post! Anyway.

I would like to test my 5x7 back but I don't have any DDS's...I'm after at least one which for obvious reasons must be light tight and functional.

Anyone help please?

Cheers Dave
    ps...Any good b+w film required as well

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So, what is a DDS?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    So, what is a DDS?
    It's a Double Darkslide or plain old Filmholder depending on what you are used to.

Dave: There is 5x7 FP4+ dated 2004 on eBay as we speak, but up to you to decide if it is worth the risk.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ILFORD-FP4-PLUS-5x7-NEG-FILM-25-SHEETS-SEALED-BOX-1_W0QQitemZ320395919292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photo graphy_Film_Cameras_ET?hash=item4a9915bfbc&_trksid =p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293% 3A1|294%3A50

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That 5x7 film on E-Bay is waaay too expensive IMO. That is only 1/3 off the new price from Silverprint. Past date film in stores, even one day past date, is usually at least 50% off. Five years past date, though? I would say to pay no more than 20% of the new price, which would be about £6.00.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-11-2009 at 05:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added Silverprint price comparison
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    That 5x7 film on E-Bay is waaay too expensive IMO. That is only 1/3 off the new price from Silverprint. Past date film in stores, even one day past date, is usually at least 50% off. Five years past date, though? I would say to pay no more than 20% of the new price, which would be about £6.00.
    I'd agree with you, but there are some scary prices for ood film on eBay and folks seem prepared to pay them.

Edit: just found cheaper on the auction site, but it's in France and it isn't BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Out-of-date-Il...3%3A3|294%3A50
    Last edited by Peter Black; 07-11-2009 at 07:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ebay have come up with the 5X7 dds's......Cheers Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin