Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,594   Online: 1176

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Visited my local Jessops (yes, I felt dirty afterwards and needed a bath) in Norwich and see they are offering 3 for 2 on all films. If the sales oik is to be believed, this also included boxes of 5x4 !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave up looking in Jessops Norwich after they started selling film at almost double mail order prices. Ten years ago Jessops was competitive, I wonder what went wrong?...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    And they now have 5-packs of Velvia 100/120 for under £10 and just on their expiry date. Ad says plenty stock!

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...729&r=20120525
    20 years ago Jessops was THE cheapest place to buy almost anything and everything photographic

What went wrong - they got too big, thought they had a dominant market position and could didctate what they would sell and how much to charge for it, then the internet came along and people could shop anywhere in the country and the Channel Islands saw a gap open in the market.

Do you remember their price slogan - "if you can find it cheaper anywhere we will refund the difference" ?

Martin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Jessops can work out cheap if you're near enough to a branch to make it worthwhile to order online and collect in store. Prices are mostly in line with the mail order places but you save the postage cost. A 3.8 litre pack of D76 is £5.95. 5 litres of Ilford Multigrade developer is £19.95.

Of course when you turn up to collect you have to be pretty clear about what you're there to pick up: they haven't got a clue what they're selling you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well here's a (sort of) bargain if you want one. I'm giving away a Kodak Printank (remember those?). I bought it in 1974 and used it twice. It's boxed with original instructions. I believe these can be modified for processing sheet film and each process step requires on 40 ml of chemistry. Either collect in person or pay the postage (£4.90 - UK only) and it's yours. It's in excellent condition and, apart from one or two chemical stains on the outside, very, very clean. It doesn't leak (I've tested it) and there are no strings attached. It was posted on Ebay but no takers - so f**k 'em! PM me if you're interested. Dear Mr. and Mrs. (or Ms) Mod. I did think about putting this on the FREE STUFF thread, but this is a UK give away only and I didn't want to upset my international brothers and sisters by stipulating UK only! Regards, B.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Visited my local Jessops (yes, I felt dirty afterwards and needed a bath) in Norwich and see they are offering 3 for 2 on all films. If the sales oik is to be believed, this also included boxes of 5x4 !
    I bought 3 boxes of 5x4 FP4 from my local Jessops on the 3 for 2 price deal

They had to phone other shops to round the film up - and it was a bit painful because they obviously didn't do much in the way of film - but it worked.

FP4 is the only 5x4 B&W Film Jessops sell these days but the film stock I bought was reasonably fresh

Martin

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Quote Originally Posted by together_serena View Post
    Which Poundland is that? I have only seen the Kodak ColorPlus in Poundland.
    I just went to the Poundland in Manchester Arndale, they have just stock up with the Agfa Vista Plus. I think they have replaced the Kodak ColorPlus.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by together_serena View Post
    I just went to the Poundland in Manchester Arndale, they have just stock up with the Agfa Vista Plus. I think they have replaced the Kodak ColorPlus.
    Same, but also in the Taunton Poundland they have Kodak as well as Agfa
    When your dead, None of this Matters.
    Film- Nikon F65, Sigma 28-80mm Macro Lens, Canon EOS 50E with Canon 28 - 80mm Lens
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

Shooter
    35mm
    My local Sainsbury has its film on offer. From memory, Superia 400 24exp was down to £2.50 and 36exp was maybe £2.75. Best of all, Gold 400 3 packs were just over £4. Some mail order places may better those prices but if you're there anyway buying your sausages you pick up a roll or two.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    My local Sainsbury has its film on offer. From memory, Superia 400 24exp was down to £2.50 and 36exp was maybe £2.75. Best of all, Gold 400 3 packs were just over £4. Some mail order places may better those prices but if you're there anyway buying your sausages you pick up a roll or two.
    Thanks for the heads-up! The Superia isn't particularly cheap, but the Gold 400 sure is. Are they short dated?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin