Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,467   Online: 916

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    hrv

Shooter
    35mm
    Two days to run if anyone's interested, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AGFA-RECORD-RA...item27b6d2eb30

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrv View Post
    Two days to run if anyone's interested, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AGFA-RECORD-RA...item27b6d2eb30

I have some boxes of Grades 1, 2 & 3 in 16"x12" and some 24"x20" in Grdes 2 & 3 of the last Record Rapid before it was discontinued and it's now all totally unusable. The base has turned pink and the paper is badly fogged.

Other papers stored alongside are still fine, so that's a risky purchase.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I have some boxes of Grades 1, 2 & 3 in 16"x12" and some 24"x20" in Grdes 2 & 3 of the last Record Rapid before it was discontinued and it's now all totally unusable. The base has turned pink and the paper is badly fogged.

Other papers stored alongside are still fine, so that's a risky purchase.

Ian
    Blast !

I have some 70 sheets of 20x24 Record Rapid c 1983~ish that I was saving for a rainy day

I used some of my other old Agfa stock of similar vintage a couple of years ago and it was fine - base fog was a fraction high but nothing to get upset about.

Since it was OK I assumed the big stuff would all still be OK

I had better break out a pack and see how it prints

I had been keeping it for something worthy - the way these old fashioned papers could handled the shaddows and highlights was simply stunning

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Blast !

I have some 70 sheets of 20x24 Record Rapid c 1983~ish that I was saving for a rainy day

I used some of my other old Agfa stock of similar vintage a couple of years ago and it was fine - base fog was a fraction high but nothing to get upset about.

Since it was OK I assumed the big stuff would all still be OK

I had better break out a pack and see how it prints

I had been keeping it for something worthy - the way these old fashioned papers could handled the shaddows and highlights was simply stunning

Martin
    1983 Record Rapid is quite different as the paper contains Cadmium which stabilises it. Tthe paper was modified on the late 1980's to meet stricter pollution laws in the EU (Common Market), the labelling changed at that point, as did the range of image tone/colours achievable wth it. Many other warm tone papers suffered from the removal of the Cadmium.

Bromide papers keep far better and I've used 1950's materials with mainly just a loss in speed & a little contrast.

IAn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could the use of Cadmium in photographic papers have been re-engineered to reduce environmental impact?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Could the use of Cadmium in photographic papers have been re-engineered to reduce environmental impact?

Tom
    Manufacturers re-engineered the papers without Cadmium but there's no satisfactory alternative which allows the same flexibility of exposure and development to control the image tone/colour.

Kodak where the last major manufacturer to use Cadmium in a B&W paper - Ektalure, probably because the EU banned the use of Cadmium before the US.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    1983 Record Rapid is quite different as the paper contains Cadmium which stabilises it. Tthe paper was modified on the late 1980's to meet stricter pollution laws in the EU (Common Market), the labelling changed at that point, as did the range of image tone/colours achievable wth it. Many other warm tone papers suffered from the removal of the Cadmium.

Bromide papers keep far better and I've used 1950's materials with mainly just a loss in speed & a little contrast.

IAn
    Ian, thanks for the re-assurance

I will keep it safe and wait for something worthy to print with it

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy, it sure is quiet on this section of the Forum nowadays! Anyhow, I'm not sure if this actually qualifies as it's an auction, but a couple of nice NIkons on Bumblebee Auctions, the Police disposal website. I've never dealt with them myself, and am only passing on information from another website. The FM2s mostly come with 24mm primes!

http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/X...EW=MAIN&page=1.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ilford are selling Delta 400 at £1.85 per roll - http://www.harmanexpress.com/prods/1...ial-Offers.htm

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Ilford are selling Delta 400 at £1.85 per roll - http://www.harmanexpress.com/prods/1...ial-Offers.htm

Martin
    Great heads up, cheers. Just bagged 30 rolls!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin