Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 942

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If I can get a car for that weekend, I should be there - Will probably camp at the Bull in the Thorn campsite to keep Mark company.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well you can always share the van for the ride and ferrying around whilst there... If you can't get a car, head for the nearest station and one of us will pick you up. Better still, ask if any one can pick you up enroute.

Company at the campsite would be good - looks like it might do a good pint too! PM me to see if I can't pick you up some where if carless...

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all - yes, I will definately be joining. Staying at the Bull in the Thorn campsite. Judging by their (pretty poor) website - it looks like it's a Robinsons pub, with reasonable food. (seems they have some B&B too, if anyone interested). Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have checked with THE BULL and they have three double rooms at £70 B&B but no single occupancy at weekends. In addition there is only one room available on 16th & 17th October.
    With probably three people camping at The Bull it looks like one of the hotels in Buxton is best for us non-campers.

Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Tony/Martin, I don't seem to find a Bull hotel in Buxton. Can you please post the contact details, and I'll go ahead with booking my room.

Thank you

Delphine

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Delphine,
    The Bull is not in Buxton it is where the camp site is about 6 miles south east of Buxton in a place called Hurdlow. There is only one room available the others have been taken by others as far as I know not connected with APUG, not Martin or me. We have not yet agreed on a hotel but it looks as if the two in Buxton are the most suitable. Mark, Richard and Paul are camping at the site of the Bull. The website of the Bull is www.bulliththorn.co,uk if you want to stay there just check the room rate, is it £70 or £140. If any other APUG members have booked B&B at the Bull please say so now.
    If we are to follow the same arrangements as before, that is eat together in the evening and generally show prints and spend the evening together, then we need to agree among the six of us who are going, where this is to be otherwise we could end up with two separate groups of three.

Tony

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Re: Autumn 09 Meeting Weekend - Where to stay

Hello Tony,

I just picked up on your post.
    If I understand well, three people are camping, and there is only one room with no single occupancy at the bull, is that correct? Also I understand that there is the b&b the Robinsons where Richard will be staying? Could it be that you and jean take the room at the bull, martin finds out about the robinsons, and I go camping? I am fully geared with ultra lightweight camping gear, so it is not a problem for me. I am probably the most flexible of all, i am as happy staying @ hotel/ b&b or camping ; I believe that I have demonstrated my ability to sleeping anywhere. My only bottleneck is transportation as I have not yet made it past page 15 of the theory book.
    This way we are all staying at the same spot.

Best, Dee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dear All

Though I can not commit 100% to this trip as I am awaiting an appointment for surgery, I have booked myself in to a Pub about 10 miles away in the village of Hayfield. This location sits on Kinder rd, which is the main route to Kinder Scout mountain, a wonderful location in itself.

http://www.enjoythesportsman.com/home.html

This is a wonderful pub, nice ale, great food and O.K accommodation with a superb english breakfast, complete with home made local marmalade!!!. I know that the location would not be ideal for the group as it is away from the campsite, but it should be no problem for me to travel each day to be with the group. As I write there was three extra ensuite rooms available.

Of course, unfortunately it is all provisional for me, but I really do hope I can make it.

Best Wishes

Stoo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear all

I am booked in to the Bull at Hurdlow for B&B

As I am still unable to drive I will be bringing my wife Anne with me

Looking forward to it

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The meeting is now centred on The Bull which seems the best option. Circumstances have arisen which means I will have to give this one a miss so have a good time all and hope for clement weather.

Tony

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin