Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,625   Online: 1158

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's rather well known Rob [/URL]

Ian
    It was not known by me, I have no prior knowledge of the area.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Martin, I think the book as a start point sounds good. (Ian) I was aware of the millstone thing - and fully realise that the tripod holes are very deep. But would like to go in any case.

Dee - call me for an early chinwag or get together for ideas etc. Can't hurt to work through some locations etc. This might sound odd but I am going to the Peak district the week before for a college reunion thing (with Norma's college mates) so am hoping to pick up a few hints and tips then as well...

I always carry spare loo rolls - one considers this a must! I also carry a rubber maul/hammer for emergencies! so tent pegs will be a simple thing to sort out.

Barry I will miss you as ever. It won't be the same not having a weather god on our side... Do give the FADU crowd a hello from me in any case. I am other wise engaged the weekend before as I would be joining you all too.

Rob - if you can make the one night - there will be room in the tent (in the spare bed chamber if you want it). And I don't give such invites out lightly as you know! Let me know if you want the space... If so I will pack some extra bacon etc for breakfast!

I have not been to the area before - so am looking forward to it as ever. Looking forward to meeting up with you all as ever.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    It was not known by me, I have no prior knowledge of the area.
    The one problem you'll have is it's such a wonderful area and there's just too many places to visit, as you and Mark haven't been there you're in for a real treat.

I never found those tripod hole Mark

BTW the Mill stones are every where even at the top of the hill, not just in the quarries

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Guys, sadly I am going to have to drop out

I will be under going an operation the preceding week and since the recovery time is 6 to 8 weeks even with the most optimistic mind set, I am not going to make it.

I’ll PM Dee & Mark with the suggested locations from Dave Butchers book

I will also be cancelling my reservation for B&B for Fri & Sat at the Bull if anyone is interested

Martin

Shooter
    35mm

Ill be coming

Hi my name is Adrian otherwise known as Heart&Soul on other groups. I have kindly been invited by Delphine to your Shindig. I am currently awaiting confirmation of my annual leave, but can not see taking Friday of as being a problem.

As for where I'm staying I'm afraid the Bull is way to much for me Ill shall be looking for something a little more modestly priced. But as near as I can to where you guys are staying and it has to be in b&b style. I have only every camped once when I was at school and it's not for me. Just can't do with out my full English ready for me in the morning.

I'm really looking forward to meet you all, always nice to meet others who are into landscape that are not of urban kind.

Regards,
    Adrian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What - no Martin... Sorry to hear you won't be with us guv.

Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    What - no Martin... Sorry to hear you won't be with us guv.

Mark
    Me too

However, I have been waiting for this Op for over 6 months and don't want to suffer any more delays

I had to miss the Spring Mtg for this and now I am going to miss the Autumn one too.

Hopefully I will be fully recovered and in good shape for the Spring get-together

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry guys, just catching up with the forum, being snowed under at the mo.

Hope it all goes well Martin, look at it on the bright side: recovery time=printing time!

Sorry Tony can't make it either.

Adrian, great that you are coming!

Mark, when I can, I am giving you a call. Sorry I did not manage to call back any earlier.

Bye for now,

Delphine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Will be waiting by the phone constantly of course! Let me know when you will be calling - so I know when I should be in when you call!

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So that makes two of you then Martin and Stoo - Let me know when you both get over the op! Then we can organise a proper get together!

Mark

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin