Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,514   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Can you recommed places to visit around Cornwall, Dorset etc

Hi,

Plan on spending a week around Dorset and Cornwall in a weeks time just to take photographs. I'll be getting the boat from Ireland to Fishguard in Wales and driving down.

Can you recommend places that I should see and visit? Any recommended coastal walks? Any particular parts of Dartmoor I should visit etc

Thanks for any info at all, hopefully the weather is nice for the week

Regards
    Martin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kilve is one place on my list when ever I go back to the West Country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You wont do bad anywhere on the Cornish coast Martin, although personally I find the further west you go the more dramatic the scenery gets. The north coast gets the best evening light and few of my favourite places would be - Godrevy lighthouse at Gwithian (Nr St Ives), Porth Nanven (St Just in Penwith), Sennen cove and Lands End which has spectacular cliffs.
    On the south coast - The Lizard, Mounts Bay, Newlyn/Penzance, St Michaels Mount.
    Not sure what it'll be like in a weeks time but lately alot of these places have been rammed with tourists. Porth Nanven will probably be the quietest as it's the most difficult to find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,
    Dartmoor: Wistman's Wood, Haytor Quarries, Fingle Bridge, Drewsteignton and don't miss the Warren Inn for a pint and a bite! Cornwall: Bill has given you some good locations but I would include South Wheel Frances (minining buildings) and Kynance Cove in particular on the Lizard. But more or less anywhere around the Cornish coast will be productive. If you want a meet up while you are in west Cornwall - let me know.

Neil.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hello Martin, I can certainly second Neil's choice of Dartmoor, since it's on my 'patch'. Walks along the river Teign from Fingle and pass Castle Drogo is always a good spot. There is also a good pint to be had at the Fingle Bridge Inn ( just mention my name...)
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just noticed you mentioned Dorset as well: Portland Bill - allow a day here at least. Also Durdle Door and Kimmer Ridge are well worth a look but there will be loads of tripod holes :-)

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Guys thanks all for the information, its much appreciated. Lots of locations there for me to start finding on the maps.

The Fingle Bridge Inn will be added to the list also:-)

Neil, I'll try not to trip over any of the tripod holes:-)

Thanks again
    M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If in Cornwall the St Austell Brewery "Tribute" beer goes very well with photography

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    If in Cornwall the St Austell Brewery "Tribute" beer goes very well with photography

Ian
    I'll second that

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you fancy the coast, Bedruthan Steps is very nice (Go at low tide). Lots of little caves, etc

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main...bedruthansteps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin