Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,445   Online: 838

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Buxton and the Peak District

Hi All, I've just had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Buxton with some good friends. I've come back with a list of places to visit plus local maps etc.

I will post a potential itinerary over the next few days for you all to comment on. But it would seem we have plenty of amazing places to visit and make images of.

Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nice one Mark

Glad to see someone has taken the initiative and done some scouting around.

From my visits to the Peak District it seems to be more of a case of "deciding where to point the camera" (Ansel Adams quote on photographing Yosemite)

Good luck with the weekend

Hope the weather and the light behave themselves

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Martin, I hope to post a list on Thursday evening.

Cheers all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you so much for that Mark. Looking forward to the week-end away

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am soooo excited... just looked up the weather forecast, it does not look bad at all, or am I building up my expectations ? :rolleyes:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Have a great time guys

Looks like the weather should be OK ~ Good

Post some pictures

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a regular Buxton festival goer, the most congenial place for some good ale & food I've always found to be 'The Old Clubhouse' (1 Water Street, Buxton) down in the spa part of town. But you're spoiled for choice really :-) Do the architectural sights down there then move onto 'The Sun Inn' (33, High St, Buxton) at the top of the town.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am back at home now, exhilarated by the week-end really. We were spoilt by the weather, which considering the history of the APUG gatherings, is a most remarkable factor. The scenery of the Peak district was most wonderful. It was my first time, and I hope that it won't be the last, simply because it is a stunning area, and there is so much to do in such a pocket size area....(and also because I am to try Bakewell pudding still).
    Of course, it was nice to see all again, look at prints and embark into stimulating discussions which make the APUG gatherings what they are.
    Even camping at 2C overnight proved to be not so bad after all... even if the first night was on the noisy side because of that loud noise coming up now and again, which sounded as if Mark was switching on a mysterious radiator in his camper-van.

Thank you all for the company, laughters, and car sharing.

Dee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi All - had a great time, thanks to Richard, Delphine and Adrian for the company and lovely images. We were lucky weather wise - along with some truly wonderful views. Seeing the mist all over the valley at Man Tor was so magical. Even if the walk up the tor was hard going!

Great cascade and view at the three shires head. Terrific all round. I for one will not forget the incredible scenery. My feet remembered the trip the next day at home too!

Look forward to seeing some of the images... Perhaps we should go back to sample the pudding after Christmas Dee...

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    Perhaps we should go back to sample the pudding after Christmas Dee...

Mark
    That sounds like a brilliant idea to me :-) ...
    I still have to process my rolls of the week-end ... 11 of them ! ... will endeavour to post when done.

Dee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin