Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,930   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

newbie introduction

hi i've just got started in photography after receiving a minolta dynax 3000i from my dad after he seen i was keen on photography he also gave me a chinon cg-5 as this is a MF with all then manual settings unlike the minolta.
    at the moment my main interest is street photography around london ( i love walking around london finding new sights and places) aswell as photographing my 6 kids. my main job is as a roofer in london so gives me plenty of opportunity to take photos of the skyline.
    i look forward to learning from you all and hopefully i might even have something valid to say one day:0)
    anyway thats me introduced myself thanks for reading this

jamie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello, Goodbye & Welcome - well it is 40 years of Monty Python

Chinon never made Medium Format cameras, you mean SLR There's some interesting APUG members in London. Stick around you can learn from them.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    oh first mistake and probably not the last ...sorry what i ment was manual focus ooops . thanks for the reply ;0)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

MF = manual focus. Welcome to the forum, Jamie. Keep reaching for the sky.

(Stop booing)
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    also i forgot to mention that black and white would be my method of choice though i've only used one b&w film so far illford xp2 and had it developed at asda , wasn't really happy with the results had a couple of good pictures and a really good one of my son ,but the grass in the picture had a green tinge not what i wanted at all. does anyone know off any reasonably priced b&w film processing company's either based in london or mail order. don't really want to use c41 black and white film after that or was it just because of asda's equipment ????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Jamie, welcome to APUG! I used to be a roofer here in the states many years ago(28 years).

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you christopher and jeff for you replies.
    it's a good place to be up on the roof , i love it. i'm from scotland ,but moved to london 9 years ago and my job as gave me an excellent view of a fantastic city which made me want to take up photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    jamie373 - A green cast is the result of operator error at Asda. I would have requested reprints until they got it right (or reduced the price). As for alternatives for B&W processing, I'd suggest asking at Silverprint, and then developing/printing your own.

Shooter
    35mm
    cheers wasn't sure if it was just because i was using a certain flm or not. i'm not surprised it was asda's fault though as one of the colour films i had processed there they manage to lose the negatives which i found quite surprising as their photo processing area is about 25 square meters???? i was greeted by a blank response and had to stand there arguing for about 20 minutes to be fobbed off with one roll of film. i wont be using asda again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Jamie.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin