Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,316   Online: 1160

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Vintage leather camera case repair and restoration in London

Can anybody recommend somewhere I can get a couple of Rolleiflex camera cases repaired in London (preferably central or south).

One is from 1937 and needs some sympathetic restoration and some replacement leather. My local shoe repair shop in Deptford reckons he can do it OK but I'm not so sure (he does a great job on shoes though).

Likewise, I need the clips off an old scissors strap de-rivetted and fitted to a new piece of leather. I'd do this myself if I knew where to get the plain leather for the strap.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try a shoe repairer/cobbler of the old fashioned type. He/she should be able to sew up the case and some may be able to help with the strap too, they usually have riveting tools.

I had a cobbler repair my Leica case, and I've had a leather worker here in Turkey make a strap/handle for my Crown Graphic.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian's correct.
    Until a few years ago there was a cobbler in town (4th generation).He could work miracles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Ian's correct.
    Until a few years ago there was a cobbler in town (4th generation).He could work miracles.
    Thanks guys, looks like I'll have to find an old skool cobbler

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For leather, rivets, buckles and all manner of leatherworking tools try... http://www.leprevo.co.uk/.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin