Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,389   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Filters & Lenshood.

I have just bought a Yashica 124G TLR and I want to buy a Y2 yellow and a 1A filter for it as well as a lens hood. Does anyone know which UK retailers might have those items in stock?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Keith, I too have a Yashica but have never managed to track down anywheer that could/would order me any B&W filters

I got a (square) Lens Hood and 1A Filter at the same time as I purchased the camera

I have always had to hold a filter to the front face of the lower lens - not ideal but the only way I could manage.

If you uncover a source of filters please let me know

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith, I seem to recall that the Yashica is Rollei B(ayonet) 1? There are a couple of secondhand dealers who could help, but Vintage Cameras seem to have a few filters at reasonable prices.

http://www.vintagecameras.co.uk/rollei.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith, I seem to recall that the Yashica is Rollei B(ayonet) 1? There are a couple of secondhand dealers who could help, but Vintage Cameras seem to have a few filters at reasonable prices.

http://www.vintagecameras.co.uk/rollei.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plastic lens hoods are available new from the US very cheaply, they are quite good. I'll dig out where from later today or tomorrow. You could easily adapt one of these to take a Cokin filter holder.

Bay 1 filters usually sell for inflated prices but I found another lens-hood/filter-holder combination that takes plain glass filters came with 4 sold by Polysales.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To Martin, Peter and Ian, thanks for replying.
    I bought a Yashica Y2 yellow-filter from ebay, so I now want a UV-filter as a viewing lens protector and a skylight-filter for general use and as a taking lens protector. I will also look out for a lens hood and lens caps.
    I will check with Vintage Cameras for availability. The camera I bought is in nice condition and came with a leather case.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just seen that there are a few more at The Camera House, and first on the list is a B1 to 43mm adaptor.

http://www.the-camera-house.co.uk/5.stm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin