Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,241   Online: 1016

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought a few screens (5 or 6) before I started making my own and despite far longer journeys US/UK all arrive unbroken.

David, I looked at your packaging and thought they'd break. The glass needs to be between foam or something then the more rigid packaging. I actually have a box that contained a 10x8 screen and you could throw it around and the glass would be difficult to break because the shock is absorbed.

You need board / foam/ glass / foam / board then a Jiffy bag, the foam for my 10x8 is about half an inch thick.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian, thank you for the information - I'll definitely be taking note of it I had thought that the hardboard would prevent flexing of the glass and the jiffy back would absorb the shocks received in transit. How wrong could I be?

Peter, I'm so disappointed - for both of us! I'll make you a new one over the Xmas period and send it in the new year. This time, I'll heed Ian's advice and you should receive it in one piece! As far as charities go, it's really up to you, but a cancer charity would be nice as I lost my grandad to cancer a few years back.

I'm kind of hoping that the others I sent out make it OK - otherwise, I'm going to be busy all over again

David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi David

Hopefully there is a digisnap of the ground glass attached to this mesage, but it's the first time I've tried it, so no guarantees. I'm thinking it may have been stressed at a point about 1/3 in from the RHS and 1/4 down, possibly from something jammed hard against it in a bag, but that's just a guess.

While I'm really grateful for your offer to make another one, I can't have you going to that trouble again for me, and you've already done more than anyone would have a right to expect! I still have the original GG, so maybe someone else has a greater need than mine.

Hope this works, Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails broken-gg.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi David,

thank you so much for the ground glass and all the effort you took to get it here İN ONE PİECE!!! that's right! out here in the middle of woop-woop ( Niğde, Türkiye ) your parcel arrived safely yesterday! parts and supplies are scarce here ( my freestylephoto parcel bounced back to the US because it wasn't picked up - not that i was notified either! ) so everything you've done is deeply appreciated. thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Innteresting

Quote Originally Posted by el wacho View Post
    ( my freestylephoto parcel bounced back to the US because it wasn't picked up - not that i was notified either! ) so everything you've done is deeply appreciated. thanks again!
    That happened to me with a meter I bought last year. There was definitely no notification etc, but a note was attached that I hadn't picked the item up and it went back to the US.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    İan,

have you had successful deliveries from freestylephoto? you're in a big city and i thought the PTT should be pretty reliable over there... ps found a source of cachetol here in Turkey. about 70tl for 250grams. if you are interested i can pass on the details.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin