Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,990   Online: 1059

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You really can't go far wrong in Cornwall with seascapes. It is worth having look at any of the beaches if you have time as there is always something to have go at. Another good beach is Gwithian / Godrevey which is our local beach. Allow at least two days for Gwithian / Godrevey and plenty of film :-)

Neil.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    Thanks guys for all the helpfull informations. And yes Kynance Cove seems to be a special place, I will take care there. I created a small map, but for sure there are much more interresting locations. Especially the cliffs, but my intention is to come very close to the water.
    Markus

http://maps.google.de/maps/ms?hl=de&...f1862a&t=h&z=8
    Hope you have good light

Please post some of your work when you return

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman View Post
    Thanks Ian,
    good to hear that its not important to book in advance. I find also here very helpful infos about the hotspots, so I think ten days are not enough but this is always the same. Im prepared for the weather (winter) conditions. If anybody want to join me between 9-16 Feb. feel free to contact me.
    Markus
    Markus,
    I'm based in West Cornwall and do most of my work around the St Ives and Penzance area. I might be available around the dates you mention and could show you a few locations if you fancy meeting up ?

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Markus, take Bill up on his offer, he's a great guy and it would probably help you considerably.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Bill,
    thanks for the offer. I would be very nice to meet you up there in West Cornwall. Im around St. Ives/Penzance during the weekend 12/13 Feb.
    Always good light
    Markus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, that sounds good. Lots of great locations around the far west Cornwall and all fairly close together. February is a good time for this as the roads are not too busy and providing we're not having storms, the light could be good.
    Your Ford KA will be ideal for getting around, I drive a KA too !!

I'll message you shortly and give you my contact phone numbers etc.
    Feel free to message me any time.

Cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is the school half term week, so it will be busier than either side. If you see someone with a dark cloth over his head and muttering in the Sennen/Porth Nanven vicinity, it might well be me....!

Concur that there are so many locations, there will be something for most weather/light combinations. Hard part is choosing whether to stick or twist when the light is changing fast.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi,
    im back from ten days at the English/Wales coastline. Here is my report.
    I dont know if I had normal weather conditions or not, but these days without rain and storms were really great. What a great country for photographers. Full with history, great photogenic places and beautiful people. I started from Heathrow down to Kimmeridge Bay (Dorset 2hours). This bay is well worth seeing but you have to be there at the right tidetimes. Outgoing tide seems to be the best. Next morning I drove to Cornwall(3hours) where i got a nice Bed&Breakfast in Mullion. (35 P) The Lizard, Gunwalloe, Port Nanven, Godrevy were really exciting. Thanks here Bill for your great assistance and this wonderful day. All the people i met were very helpful and friendly. I lost one day the way back to my Bed&Breakfast and after five times passing a small church another car followed me and i stoped after 5 minutes driving in this circle. He also stoped and asked me what im looking for, because he noticed that i lost the way!!! There are many places in western Cornwall to shot its not important to plan the stay according to tidetimes. Woolacombe (2hours), Kilve(2 hours, best when the tide starts going out) were the next photogenic places on my way to the welsh coastline. I stayed there for more 3 days at the Glamorgan Heritage coast. Outstanding area.

Must have: rubber boots, fine weather , and a lot of films.

Thanks all for making this a great trip for me.
    Markus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great to meet up with you Markus. We crammed alot in on that day and I was quite tired at the end of it ! Good that the weather was on our side too, quite lucky for the middle of February.
    I must get out and do some more before the hordes of tourists arrive in the summer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin