Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,697   Online: 786

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnome Enlarger

Shooter
    35mm

Gnome Enlarger

G'day UK folks. Hopefully one of you can help me ? I have an old Gnome Universal Alpha very similar to this one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1182

When I got the enlarger I was told it was complete. Well after reading posts here I discovered it was missing a condenser. Over the Christmas period by a stroke of luck I found one on Ebay & cheap from a UK seller.

I would like to find the condensers for 120 format. The condensers I have are only capable for 35mm but my negative carrier will take up to 2 1/4 X 3 1/4.

I contacted the seller mentioned above but he has never responded. I would even be interested in other parts that fit this model Gnome. My particular unit has had some work modifying it to take a 39mm mount lens & new bellows.

Some might say why bother with such an old bit of kit. Well for me it makes photography more fun & exciting. Having to fiddle & fidget with knobs to obtain proper adjustment. Old world factor also.

Cheers Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Some might say why bother with such an old bit of kit. Well for me it makes photography more fun & exciting. Having to fiddle & fidget with knobs to obtain proper adjustment. Old world factor also."

Hey, what ever floats your boat. Perhaps posting on every photo site you can find, what your looking for, and having lots of time, you will find what you need. Only you can say if its worth it. If you need to use something now, you can pick up a second machine that is already set up, then dump it when you get Gnome parts.

Good Luck
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also use a Gnome Alpha ii. It's a good solid bit of kit. I also have a box of spare bits I've never looked at (I was given it years ago) If there's a 6x6 condenser I'll PM you.

Rob

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    "Some might say why bother with such an old bit of kit. Well for me it makes photography more fun & exciting. Having to fiddle & fidget with knobs to obtain proper adjustment. Old world factor also."

Hey, what ever floats your boat. Perhaps posting on every photo site you can find, what your looking for, and having lots of time, you will find what you need. Only you can say if its worth it. If you need to use something now, you can pick up a second machine that is already set up, then dump it when you get Gnome parts.

Good Luck
    I have another modern enlarger my brother bought new available for my use. I actually think it was bought specifically for medium format work.

Any knowledge about Gnome enlargers is appreciated & I will just keep me eye looking for bits.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have found a set of 6x6 condensers, together with the holder. I think I've also got a diffuser somewhere. You're welcome to them (I only use mine for 6x9 and in condenser mode).

PM me with your details and I'll get them to you.

Rob

Shooter
    35mm
    Rob thats fantastic I am sending you a PM Thank you

I sent you a PM not sure if it went as it didn't show in my sent messages.
    Last edited by w9cae; 01-27-2010 at 08:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Rob has so kindly sent me condensers & defuser for medium format. UK APUG is the best my Gnome works like new again for medium format.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been lucky to get a copy of the Gnome enlarger instruction book covering the following models.

No 111H Rangefinder Alpha II
    No 116G Rangefinder Sixty-Six II
    No 142H Universal Alpha II
    No 146G Sixty-Six De Luxe II

Give me a holler if you would like a copy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess it's a while ago, but if you still have instructions for the Universal Alpha II, I'd appreciate a copy!

Thanks,

Mark.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mark give me a pm with your email & I will send to ya.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin