Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,537,004   Online: 1191

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes but that Legacy Pro film isn't available in 120 or sheet film sizes.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep,

I'm an Ag photographic fan, too.

I used to use Silverprint - also very good.

One reason I prefer Ag is that Matt has no minimum order, whereas Silverprint has £25 minimum for the UK (£100 overseas).

Ironically, though, when I do order from Ag it nearly always ends up over £25 anyway :rolleyes:
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sales@firstcall-phot View Post
    I's like to add that we at Firstcall also sell LegacyPro now which we've imported from the USA. It is (to my knowledge) the cheapest quality black and white film in the UK.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...arch/legacypro

Rodney Bates
    Sales Director
    Hi Rodney

I've certainly bought from you in the past and was happy with the buying experience, but your £14.95 delivery to the Highlands is a dealbreaker for me, especially for film. I accept this is a fact of business life for you, but just wanted to reassure you it wasn't a service issue.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    silverprint is a bit of a ripoff london prices, their attitude is terrible, i am a university tutor and many students came back to me with the same thing
    i use ag photographic for mail order, the guys that work there actully use film and have got a camera their prices are cheap fantastic customer services

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For quite a while Silverprint has been one of the cheapest places in the UK for Ilford films, so for a first post that's a rather negative attitude.

Martin still has the 30% discount offer for 10 or more rolls of Ilford film, in the past year there have been 3 Ilford price rises and with Martin's turnover of film that may mean he's had to pass rises on while others have been selling stock they bought at pre increase prices. I've used Silverprint on & off since it started and the attitude of staff has always been helpful.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by danieldevine View Post
    silverprint is a bit of a ripoff london prices, their attitude is terrible, i am a university tutor and many students came back to me with the same thing
    i use ag photographic for mail order, the guys that work there actully use film and have got a camera their prices are cheap fantastic customer services
    I am surprised by your disappointing experience

My experience with Silverprint has always been excellent.

I have used them for many years and have always found it to be a pleasant shopping experience

Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff with competitively prices goods too.

My dealings with Matt at Ag have also been excellent

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I buy from Morco, Silverprint and Calumet. All have given me an excellent service. Not tried AG Photographic yet, but they are on my list to try.

I do have to say I can't fault Silverprint's service and advice. For me it has been outstanding - especially when I do my anorak bit at the counter. They certainly had the patience of a saint when I called in a few months ago, as I wanted to see samples of all the photographic darkroom papers they had. I was there for hours and didn't spend that much in the end - but wow what a service I came away with a good feeling and some great papers to try.

Service doesn't get better than that!

Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I second Silverprint. Good selection, helpful staff and decent prices - they offer discounts on everything but film for students and organisation membership eg Photofusion. Mail-order might be better value in larger quantities but for a modest quantities and see-it-before-you-buy-it, Silverprint are the best in London
    Last edited by D1v1d; 05-31-2010 at 07:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    David Smith
    London, UK
    email: dasmith.uk@gmail.com
    Flickr: D1v1d
    Twitter: D1v1d

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've mostly used 7dayshop for film supplies, and the unhurried speed of delivery, given the free rate, has never been a problem for me, since I'm generally only replenishing freezer stocks anyway, and order in good time. I've never used Silverprint yet, or Ag, but have heard only good things on all the photo forums I mess around in. I've had a browse through Ag, and been surprised to find that, even with postage charges, many of my favourite films are working out less per roll than 7dayshop, so I'm planning my next order to go to Ag, greatly encouraged by the good reports here.
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You could always try the High Street if you can't wait for the postman. Boots are currently doing 3 for the price of 2 on all film. So although HP5 is £5.49 a roll singly (if memory serves) you get 3 for £3.66 per roll (cheaper than 7DayShop since their recent price rise).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin