Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,725   Online: 749

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Manfrotto 410 Head: Gear-Jammed.

One of the gears on my Manfrotto 410 head has seized solid. I can move the smaller knob which does the fine adjustment, but the larger quick-action knob seems to be seized-up real tight and I cant budge it.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you carefully peel off the round stickers on the head, there are screws behind them which allow you to dismantle the head. I think they require an allen key, if my memory serves me correctly. The mechanism inside is very simple.

A word of warning though. When I attempted to fix my own head (it had got very stiff) there ended up being play in the gears after I put it back together - probably through lack of grease. I ended up sending it to Manfrotto UK for servicing, which cost about £35, but it came back as good as new.

Ed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I managed to free it at last. It's working fine again now. Thanks for the reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    I managed to free it at last. It's working fine again now. Thanks for the reply.
    What do you think happened? Did it jam at the end of travel, or just freeze up? I'm considering getting one, and am curious about reliability.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    What do you think happened? Did it jam at the end of travel, or just freeze up? I'm considering getting one, and am curious about reliability.
    I'm not sure how it happened, but a very hard twist with a towel wrapped around it did the business.
    It's working as new again at the moment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin