Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,047   Online: 948

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My local Tesco's (when in the UK) did away with the processing counter sometime ago, you can only use digital media now abt kiosks in the store.

While in my local Jessops, buying film for my mother an old man, late 70's possibly early 80's told me no-one uses film any more The staff at Jessops are actually keen photographers and said they were the only place still processing film in the town, not quite true as Boots do as well.

Some of the labs here in Turkey turned off their C41 machines a year ago as there wasn't enough processing to keep the chemistry fresh & replenished.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Took the film to Boots this morning and helpful staff put the cost at £6.99 + £2 for a CD, so effectively £9 for same day (ie drop-off at 0845 and picked up before they shut at 2000 is 1 hour price). I had a 24 exposure HP5+ and have run it through the camera today, so that'll be developed tonight. I just took a few landscape shots and went into the depot of the Strathspey Steam Railway to finish off the last 4 or 5 shots, and their steam train only came along and linked up the carriages for an excursion! And me with maybe 5 shots and no more film ....................

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Our local Boots has had its photolab disappear seemingly overnight and replaced with a shiny cosmetics wall. I was stunned when I walked in. The local branch of Snappy Snaps "does film" but it does it wrong - awful amounts of dust on my negatives last time I used them and paid quite a premium for 1 hour from them.
    I now send off my c-41 (because I have developed c-41 before but I prefer prints and minilab prints will always be more worth my time than hours and hours spent in a darkroom) to these guys and the prints come back really nice and films all clean http://www.onlinephotocentre.co.uk/ Shameless plug for them from me because they were fast (posted on monday, prints and film came back on thursday) and I thought others might like to use them while they can since labs are disappearing (Spectrum Imaging of Newcastle has closed now).
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's the same down here, though we have don't have Tescos. a few years back there was a 1 Hour service (Process, scan to CD/print) in almost every Pick 'n Pay, Game and Clicks (South African Chain stores) now almost none. The few that are left (not in my town) give crap results & have rude staff.

Where I live there used to be four labs, now only one Kodak (with extremely rude staff) and they told me upfront "look this will take 5 days and your results won't be optimal" - they just don't have the "traffic' anymore. My only recourse for color are the pro labs (which are far away) - at least I can do my own B&W.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    I now send off my c-41..... to these guys and the prints come back really nice and films all clean http://www.onlinephotocentre.co.uk/
    Thanks for posting the link. I might try them out. I notice that they offer 120 processing for both 6x6 and 6x9. Quite a few process and print companies only go up to 6x7.

EDIT: Although I have just noticed that their price list for 120/8 and 120/12 are both listed for square format paper.

EDIT 2: I have also just noticed that this is the same company I recommended to a friend to get his wedding re-prints done after I posted the negatives to him!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Boots in Plymouth still process C41 but the last two rolls of film I've had back have been disappointing - rather dark and/or strongly saturated colours. Unusually I couldn't be bothered to have a whinge about it. Either I was coming down with something or perhaps deep down I knew I'd be wasting my breath. The last C41 I had done and was pleased with was handed in to Dartmoor Photographic at Tavistock. They send out to a lab somewhere near Totnes apparently.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually I'm not sure if my local Tesco still processes film, I must remember to ask.
    If I remember rightly they used to send it off, so I won't hold my breath. Still, it would be nice if they did...

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Last time I got there Sainsburrys processed it for the next morning 5.25 for a 36p on a cd not so expensive.
    Jessops on my experience mayu have really bad and dirty chemicals...

But be happy you can still find local people to process it fast. I'm back in France and eager to grab a C41 kit as I can only hope recieving my films in the 8 days after putting them on the desk more for slide or BW (happily I still have E6 and BW chemistry...)
    Réparation, Restauration d'appareils et équipements anciens, exotiques et modernes: http://www.atelierdeblanc.fr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin