Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,536,996   Online: 1178

Thread: Visiting London

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Visiting London

Hi
    I'm visiting London (for the first time since 1982.) from September. 30 to October 4.
    What is a “must” to see/visit? Any suggestion is mostly welcome.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    V&A, National Portrait Gallery, Photfusion - a trip to Brixton. Silverprint for those odd photo related items you need. Not sure if the Photographers Gallery has closed yet for refurbishment/major redevelopment.

Go online and see if you can access the what's on listing in the BJP for London. Others should pipe up with more suggestions.

Ian

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks a lot
    I'll look at the Internet and see what I find.
    Probably National Portrait Gallery and V&A.
    The shopping list for Silverprint is almost ready. Seems wise to stick to the list to avoid having to pay too much overweight on the flight home....

Shooter
    35mm
    If you go to the British Museum , then Aperture Photographic is just a street away. Friendly guys and a nice cafe to have a drink while lusting over some equipment:

http://www.apertureuk.com/about.htm
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, the Photographer's Gallery will be closed, but if you're wanting photography there is a Muybridge exhibition at the Tate Britain, and Elliot Erwitt at the Magnum print rooms.

I second the Aperture Suggestion, there are a few other interesting camera shops in that area as well.

I always find a walk along the Thames (on the southside) interesting too. From Tower Bridge along past Goldern Hind and the Tate Modern to virtually as far as your feet can take you! There are usually some spectacular views of the Tower Bridge, the London Eye and lots of thing going on to see. I guess you haven't seen the millenium bridge which is along there too.

There is bound to be some event on that weekend so check out Time Out.

Andrew

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin