Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,119   Online: 911

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have used genieimaging, they were good. More recently I have used "The Darkroom UK Ltd" who charge £4.50 for processing only. This price includes VAT and postage both ways so the cost is comparable to Genie when you add these elements in. The last 3 films I've developed myself which is cheaper again. Once I have the slides or negs they get scanned on an Epson V700 - expensive to buy but I wish I had got is sooner to cut out the costs of scanning by labs sooner.

Labs often quote a price for scanning which is only for a fairly low resolution and the cost spirals once you go to a higher resolution. Scanning at 3200 dpi with a 6*7 negative results in an image file around 56mp which is easily achievable with the v700.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Genie I'm not really too sure on if I'm honest. The prices are initially good, but they don't include vat, and they charge a totally disproportional rate for return postage.
    I'm fairly sure despite me paying the extra quid and marking clearly, they didn't push one of my films on the last batch.

The darkroom are very good, their prices are all in, pushing, pulling, cross processing, postage both ways, vat. What you see is what you pay. Somewhat refreshing.

I always scan myself. I'm considering doing E6 with my CPE2 though

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have you tried Genesis in Fulham? I haven't been for a couple of months so i don't know what their current prices are, but they always used to be are very good and reasonable

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would cost a tenth of that to process it yourself. Don't even need a darkroom, just a dark changing bag, scissors, church key, developing tank, reel, glassware, chems and some film clips. Cost you pence per roll and you control it yourself and don't need to wait, can process it the same day.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Peakimaging I feel is one of the best sites around, 8 films cost me 36, that was including e6 mounted, 120 & 35mm c-41. sent it off wed, recieved it all back fri, nicely packaging, no damage to negatives what so ever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Including shipping and back in 2 days sounds pretty good but you could still do so cheaper at home if you had the time and equipment, chems, etc.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin