Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,398   Online: 1110

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

£45 to process 4 120 rolls, alternatives?

where can i process for cheaper in london?, otherwise i might give up film altogether.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    a thread "best place to process film" perhaps?

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.genieimaging.co.uk/ £1.99 + vat per roll process only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    E6? C-41? B&W? dev only, dev and print, dev and writeto CD?

As an aside to this, I'm always fascinated by the eBay ads for outdated film described as "ideal for Holga/Lomo" when it will cost a fortune to process!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    E6? C-41? B&W? dev only, dev and print, dev and writeto CD?

As an aside to this, I'm always fascinated by the eBay ads for outdated film described as "ideal for Holga/Lomo" when it will cost a fortune to process!
    They always suggest 2 things. The seller is way overpricing them, and that the films were so badly stored that they will give Really Crappy colour balance
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The simple answer is to buy a dev tank and chemicals. I know that putting film through a professional lab may sound expensive but trust me that no lab today in London is raking it in through processing!

Shooter
    35mm
    When you say process do you mean develop only or develop/scan with prints? the price differs sharply depending on film type and options.
    My local lab does C41 and B&W (in 35mm or 120) for £2.50 a roll develop only, £5 for E6. scanning at low res is another £3.99 per roll on top and if you want prints it's going to cost you at least another £5 a roll; the costs add up quick when you want more than dev only, which is why i get develop only and scan myself. Though i'm lucky and they dev E6 and B&W twice a week so i never have to wait too long for film back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    went to genie imaging in person. great place and the 2 staff which presumably run it are very kind and nice to deal with. will be using them in future.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Love the stock photos with excessively happy people holding dslrs.

Prices seem competitive, but not brilliant. The lack of E6 means I won't be using them though - Seeing your image projected is an addiction I'm unlikely to give up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin