Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,121   Online: 807

Shooter
    35mm RF

I'm in Plymouth UK next Month

Hi im in Plymouth UK from 10th october till 6th November.. Are there any photogaphers??
    please give me some tipps for good locations i like shooting in the Streets very much...

Is anyone interested to meet there??

Is there a good shop to buy Film??

Im in London too but only for one Weekend.. because i have to work in Plymouth..

Please help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith Tapscott's is in Plymouth he should spot your post, I'm not sure who else lives there. Welcome to APUG BTW.

You can get film in Plymouth but it'll depend on what you want & the format. I'm sure you could either pre-order if needed or get some sent to where you're staying. It's not a huge city and UK towns/cities have much more defined centers than US equivalents.

A trip out onto Darmoor is well worth a day away from the city

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi.. thanks for reply..

Oh.. Dartmoor sounds good, i think i will take the Hasselblad and some Velvia on the trip too.. I think i will need a second bag only for Photogaphy things .. At first i wanted to go only with my Leica and a 35mm Cron...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're going to an interesting part of England, while I've been across Dartmoor a few times I've not made any images there yrt. You need to be prepared to do some walking, there's excellent maps available in the UK, and spend whole days out in the landscape.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    London Camera Exchange at Frankfort Gate sell Ilford B&W films, papers and chemistry, but is limited to FP4 Plus and HP5 Plus. They also sell Fuji colour films.
    Spectrum are the local pro-lab, I think they do colour and C-41 B&W films, but not regular B&W. They also do E-6 colour reversal films.
    As for photo-locations, look around the city centre along with Plymouth Hoe and Sutton Harbour etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unless there is a good reason to go to London, I would personally spend the time exploring a wider area nearer to Plymouth. However, if you do go to London, visit Aperture near the British Museum. A combined vintage camera store and café.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    hi, ive got some new informations abot my journey.
    I will work at Newnham Body Repair.. and life near Grantley Gardens.
    i've got some Portra VC for the Leica.. I cant take the Hasselblad with me because its to heavy with all the glasses and backs..

Keith are you interessted to meet at anytime??

Dennis..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin