Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,305   Online: 773

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mark - I need to order some "stuff" from Silverprint within the next week or so - If you need a brick or two of Ilford film, I'd be happy to add it to the order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Paul that's kind. What actually need is about 5 rolls of Delta 3200, I'll probably get it from Ag next week but thanks for your kind offer.
    I actually got a reply this evening from 7 day shop:-
    sorry no plans at this time to stock this item, regards customer service

At this time? The items I asked for were Delta 3200 and HP5+ I'd thought the HP5 would be one of the biggest selling B&W films...

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

Warehouse Express has Delta 3200 in 120 in-stock if you need some urgently; fairly expensive though.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    I noticed a while back that all Ilford papers were being sold very cheaply on 7DS, I tried to buy some boxes of 5x7 and they went on back order for about a month and then the order was cancelled / refunded. They're no longer going to be stocking the paper was the message I got. I've always found Ilford to be priced rather high at 7DS, especially in comparison to AG photographic. I suppose it's the free postage which makes them cheaper in total. But you've got to put up with slow delivery and appalling communication. I recently bought some rolls of 800Z and I purposely ordered in multiples of 5 so they'd come boxed in the pro packs. But they didn't and they were loose, I emailed 7DS to find out the expiry dates but they didn't bother to reply. I had to email Fuji UK to get an idea. I think 7DS are the Ryan Air of retailers - cheap at times but awful service when things so slightly not as planned.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pentax user.
    While the list Pan F in 120 they are on back order, and because the communication stated they have no plans (at this time) to re-stock HP5+ or Delta in 120 why would they put in an order for Pan F?

I think like others have said there are better dealers than 7 day with similar prices and faster shipping, I'd rather get my film within a few days of ordering than get free shipping.

Not to belabour the point (but I will anyhow) Does anyone know an alternative retailer for the Kenro storage album and sleeves? Ag has the sleeves but not the slip album.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=101548
    If anyone else knows an alternative I'd be grateful.
    Regards
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Mark,

Warehouse Express and First Call both sell the Kenro binders and slipcases.

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-...pcase/p1016367

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...r-4-ring-black

Mike.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Ilford Film

Hi everyone just to clarify that regrettably 7dayshop.com will no longer be stocking Ilford film in the future. As any remaining products sell out we are turning these offline and cannot foresee these items being re-stocked. The simple reason for this decision is that we were being told by Ilford UK that (for the 2nd time in less than 6 months), they were substantially increasing our buying prices. We felt that these increases were unacceptable and were way out of line with other manufacturers of black and white film prices. We also felt that 7dayshop.com were being targeted for paying higher prices as we typically sell film at discount prices. Additionally their film (which is made in the UK) was actually available on eBay.co.uk for less than we were being asked to pay from this seller who was based East Germany - let's just say the term "Rip Off Britain" came to mind !

So after more than 10 years of happily selling Ilford film 7dayshop.com decided not to support the brand anymore, we believed that Ilford were loosing touch with some of their core customers who really needed prices to be kept low (Students for example) and we felt that an effort was being made to push us out of the market. Its also interesting that Ilford have their own website where they sell film direct to their customers and this is something that we think you will see more and more of with the large manufacturers. But cutting out the middleman doesn't seem to have saved anyone any money yet !

I hope this helps for now !?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    Not to belabour the point (but I will anyhow) Does anyone know an alternative retailer for the Kenro storage album and sleeves? Ag has the sleeves but not the slip album.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=101548
    If anyone else knows an alternative I'd be grateful.
    Regards
    Mark
    Mark,

I can't help with the Kenro products, but as an alternative, I've used the Printfile brand of negatives sleeves (much better than Clearfile), stored in Silverprint enclosed files.

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah@7dayshop View Post
    Hi everyone just to clarify that regrettably 7dayshop.com will no longer be stocking Ilford film in the future. As any remaining products sell out we are turning these offline and cannot foresee these items being re-stocked.
    It is always disappointing when a retailer discontinues a line of products - It reduces the number of choices for us, the consumer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin