Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,749   Online: 1068

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Tom, I know it sounds daft but I like the Kenro ones as I have a few already and would like them to match...

Sarah
    Thank you for finding the time to register and reply, its nice when retailers find the time to do that. I find it strange that Ag have Delta 400 35mm at £3.95 Mathers of Lancs are £3.99 yet you are a whole pound more expensive! How are those retailers making a profit if Ilford are indeed making their prices too expensive for you to stock. I find it hard to accept that Ilford would penalise just one supplier?
    Don't you ship from the channel Islands sans VAT? why the big price difference when mainland shops are cheaper with VAT?
    Very strange...

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    Thank you Tom, I know it sounds daft but I like the Kenro ones as I have a few already and would like them to match...

Sarah
    Thank you for finding the time to register and reply, its nice when retailers find the time to do that. I find it strange that Ag have Delta 400 35mm at £3.95 Mathers of Lancs are £3.99 yet you are a whole pound more expensive! How are those retailers making a profit if Ilford are indeed making their prices too expensive for you to stock. I find it hard to accept that Ilford would penalise just one supplier?
    Don't you ship from the channel Islands sans VAT? why the big price difference when mainland shops are cheaper with VAT?
    Very strange...

Mark
    Remember Harman did increase prices by up to 25% a while ago just for the UK market, however these increases didn't seem to directly translate to retail prices.

I had assumed 7dayshop made their money by selling at near UK prices, while taking the "VAT" component as revenue; and that postage costs are less than the difference.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom I remember the price increase as before it I was paying under £2.00 for a roll of 120 HP5 after it was about £2.50-2.89.
    Last price I've seen at 7 day shop for Ilford 120 was north of £3.50
    I expect prices to increase, but it doesn't explain why Ag photographic have Delta 35mm listed at £3.95 which presumably is inclusive of VAT.
    Why should 7dayshop be £4.79 for the same product (which presumably is sans VAT as it ships from the Channel Islands split into bags worth less that £15)
    Surely if Ag and Mathers are £3.99(inc VAT) and 7 day are £4.99 (sans VAT) then either Ag/Mathers are undercharging (possible) or 7 Day are charging too much.
    I will say I find Ag and Mathers Ilford prices very competitive, possibly 7 day have discovered more price increases in the next stock order?
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

I've also been told Harman do not offer discounts on pricing to retailers so the plot thickens... One explanation might be that 7dayshop will sell you a single roll of film postage included for 4.79 GBP whereas Ag Photographic requires an order of 100 GBP for free delivery.

Tom

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi Again

I have just checked Mathers charge postage per order Small parcel - £2.95 <1Kg which would make the 1 roll of film £6.94

Ag charge £3.50 for lightweight orders, which would make them £7.45 a roll, obviously on a larger order this would spread the cost.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah@7dayshop View Post
    Hi Again

I have just checked Mathers charge postage per order Small parcel - £2.95 <1Kg which would make the 1 roll of film £6.94

Ag charge £3.50 for lightweight orders, which would make them £7.45 a roll, obviously on a larger order this would spread the cost.

Hope this helps

Sarah
    We do not charge postage on any items sold to the UK

Sarah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom
    Call me crazy but I'd rather pay the postage from Ag on the 20 or so rolls a month I buy than pay an extra £1 per roll from 7 day.
    At least matt will ship them within 10 days
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    Tom
    Call me crazy but I'd rather pay the postage from Ag on the 20 or so rolls a month I buy than pay an extra £1 per roll from 7 day.
    At least matt will ship them within 10 days
    Mark
    I never seem to have a problem getting up to the 100 GBP total.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We do not charge postage on any items sold to the UK

Sarah
    Sarah,

Your comments here suggest a major market for 7dayshop is supplying a few rolls at a time to the customer who may not want to stock up on 200 GBP worth of film.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Again

Hope this helps

Sarah
    That's just the thing Sarah no one will buy a single roll of film from any online store.
    I understand your postage is free (and it takes a while to get the goods)
    Most of us here will probably order 10+ films and at £1 per film more expensive (Delta 400) you only need to buy 4 rolls for the postage and product to be cheaper.

Not a criticism as such, just pointing out if I'm buying £25.00 worth of film the differential shrinks and film enthusiasts buy more than just the odd roll.
    I'd wager that 7 Day shop get a lot of one roll of this and one roll of that type orders, charging postage, posting within 48hrs and being price competitive would see larger monetary value orders.

mark
    Last edited by Mark Antony; 10-19-2010 at 06:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin