Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,100   Online: 799

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford film at 7 day shop?

Yesterday I tried to order some Ilford 120 film at 7 Day shop(my normal supplier). I have to say what I saw was a little shocking-no 120 film at all, all 35mm films listed as 'final stock'-very strange.
    I have fired off an e-mail for clarification of the future stocking of Ilford films, no answer as yet.
    Has anyone else any knowledge?

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi I emailed them on wednesday on the subject and no reply as of yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try Discount Films Direct, I get all my film from here. Good service, quick delivery (unlike 7 day shop in my experience...!)
    http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk...mera_Film.html

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suggest Ag Photographic for ILFORD films. Free delivery on orders over 100 GBP including VAT.

www.ag-photographic.co.uk

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom I also order from Ag, but would like to know if 7 Day shop are going to stock Ilford if not why?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    Tom I also order from Ag, but would like to know if 7 Day shop are going to stock Ilford if not why?
    I've found that 7 day shop are not always particularly communicative. They have stopped carrying ILFORD 4"x5" film within the last 12 months or so. To my mind, the value proposition of 7dayshop has decreased in the last few years as their prices have come closer to mainstream UK based suppliers who can offer better customer service and faster supply.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom
    I think you're right, I normally order from Ag or Mathers now because of the deletion of 4x5 FP4 and a couple of other lines from 7 day webshop.
    Its nice that Matt at Ag will actually pick up the phone and talk to you so I think in future he'll get my business, 7 day were good for ordering a couple of rolls of film you'd rarely use like Portra 800 which Ag only list in 5 packs.
    Still declining markets, mean less options I think getting behind people like Ag is the way to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    Tom
    I think you're right, I normally order from Ag or Mathers now because of the deletion of 4x5 FP4 and a couple of other lines from 7 day webshop.
    Its nice that Matt at Ag will actually pick up the phone and talk to you so I think in future he'll get my business, 7 day were good for ordering a couple of rolls of film you'd rarely use like Portra 800 which Ag only list in 5 packs.
    Still declining markets, mean less options I think getting behind people like Ag is the way to go.
    More recently I've been using 7dayshop just for odd items, films for tests etc. It doesn't really make sense to order 40 rolls of Delta 100 from 7dayshop for example.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I've found that 7 day shop are not always particularly communicative. They have stopped carrying ILFORD 4"x5" film within the last 12 months or so. To my mind, the value proposition of 7dayshop has decreased in the last few years as their prices have come closer to mainstream UK based suppliers who can offer better customer service and faster supply.

Tom
    I agree.

I've had a few nightmares with '7 Day Shop', one of which nearly ruined a photography trip when an order took forever to arrive. Their customer service was hopeless when I tried to find out what was happenning. Stopped using them following that problem...

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    35mm
    Just had a look as of 8:00pm tonight. There is still 120 in Pan F and no mention there of final stocks but the range of 35mm Ilford films seems low by 7dayshop standards and all have final stocks labels except 120 PanF. No problems with regards Fuji or Kodak in either 35mm or 120 in terms of stock and no mention of buy while stocks last or final stocks.

Pure speculation on my part but it might be that if 7dayshop use a third party supplier then that supplier is having difficulties on delivery or prices at which 7dayshop believes it can be competitive and still make a profit. If it orders direct from Ilford then the problems I have mentioned above may apply directly to the 7dayshop/Ilford relationship.

7dayshop always had a restricted range of Ilford papers as well i.e. RC in Gloss or Pearl only but Ilford papers seem to be in very limited supply and with clearance prices attached to the few sizes that remain.

It will of course all remain speculation until 7dayshop reply. However if there is a "difficulty" of the nature I have speculated about then we are unlikely to be given info on sensitive commercial relationships so we may never know.

pentaxuser

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin