Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,562   Online: 1046

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all,

I suppose I should introduce myself in the proper place but my name is Graeme and live in Rochdale in Lancashire. I was introduced to this site by cheryl Jacobs and would love to join up with you guys in the lake district in Feb. Me and my family stay in log cabine at the end of ullswater every easter. The cabins are wonderful and in a beatiful location and are reasonably priced at that time of year especially in that they sleep 6 if anyone is up for sharing. the Cabins are called Hartsop Fold. I'll try to post a link.

Graeme

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for that Graeme, I've found the site, looks interesting.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I’ve scoured the internet and come up with four possible venues for the softies among us requiring B & B. Actually I only found three, Ailsa suggested one of them, put I will leave the rest of you to guess which.
    I would like those of you that intend coming along to look at each establishment’s web site and list three in order of preference – on the scale of 1 being the most desirable and 3 the least so, or say if you are happy to go along with the majority. I will then make contact and check prices and availability, and then let you know which one I recommend that we to go for. Apart from reasonable prices and facilities, we do need somewhere for the campers to join up for an evening meal and chit-chat on the Saturday.

The candidates are:
    Royal Oak Hotel www.royaloakhotel.co.uk
    The Edwardene Hotel www.edwardenehotel.com
    Horse and Farrier Inn www.horseandfarrier.com
    Crow Park Hotel www.crowpark.co.uk

So there you are, get surfing.

As an additional point, since the idea of the weekend is to meet and do things as a group, it seems that we should identify photographic subjects in advance and decide a short list, both for the Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning. This will go someway towards avoiding wasting time discussing the subject on what promises to be a busy weekend, although a certain amount of flexibility will be needed to cater for the weather.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Out of interest - how many would be thinking of camping? those wishing to ... this site looks good, although the couples and families only is a bit worrying . ..? http://www.castlerigg.co.uk/

my only preference for location would be castlerigg circle (http://www.visitcumbria.com/kes/casstone.htm) at dawn - I'm happy to tag along for the rest of the days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thought for those planning to stay in a hotel or B&B is that breakfast is usually at the time the light may be at it's best and as we are in the Lake District it would be silly not to take advantage of photographic possibilities.
    Those of us camping can have breakfast on the hoof if necessary.

Good thought by Dave re planning locations in advance and also sorting out an evening venue where we can perhaps have a look at some work. If you want some of my favourite Lakeland places let me know Dave.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    One thought for those planning to stay in a hotel or B&B is that breakfast is usually at the time the light may be at it's best and as we are in the Lake District it would be silly not to take advantage of photographic possibilities.
    I sure wish I could come
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We will take any suggestions that are close to the campers. Being geographically dis-advantaged at this point all suggestion are appreciated. We sure are looking forward to it though so we'll see you where-ever there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    Good thought by Dave re planning locations in advance and also sorting out an evening venue where we can perhaps have a look at some work. If you want some of my favourite Lakeland places let me know Dave.
    Yes please re locations, anything with in say 20 min drive of Keswick.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    ]

my only preference for location would be castlerigg circle (http://www.visitcumbria.com/kes/casstone.htm) at dawn - I'm happy to tag along for the rest of the days.
    I think this venue has to be top of the list. Crossed tripods at dawn anyone, or should we just hug a rock?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I was feeling bad enough that I could not be there..but if you guys are going to be hugging rocks!!! D**n, now I really wish I was there ;^)
    Mike C

Rambles

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin