Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 855

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    You never know Barry, there could be a rockhuggers convention on at the same time.
    ... but then I wouldnt know which way to turn - rock hugging, photography, rock hugging, photography .... WHICH ONE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well we are not going to be there to see you all in February. My wife has business issues that will run into the time we had planned for our journey through Europe. So we have re-scheduled for April. Hopefully while there we will get a chance to meet with as many as time allows. Enjoy your get together and report.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    Well we are not going to be there to see you all in February. My wife has business issues that will run into the time we had planned for our journey through Europe. So we have re-scheduled for April. Hopefully while there we will get a chance to meet with as many as time allows. Enjoy your get together and report.
    That's a pity.Please let us have you itinerary when it's firm.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gorn a bit quiet around here, so I thought I'd pop in with a couple of useful links....

This lady, is out and about most days in the Lake District. Click on the "Recent Pictures" link to see more - should give anyone who has not been there before some idea of the local scenary. Also gives you some idea of the local climate for us softies living in the south...

In addition to the Cumbrian Cottages site I listed earlier, I also used these people once before (albeit in Wales).

Work commitments permitting, I'll be spending the week there (far too far to drive from London just for a weekend - especially if the roads are bad). Never been that early in the year before - could be interesting....

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. my avatar is a shot of the southern end of Buttermere - can't really see much - too small...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Still hoping to be there! I've been incredibly hectic getting through the busy portrait season, but will turn my full attention to the workshops in the next week or so. Not to get too far off topic, I'm in need of a local who might be able to help me identify venues and work on logistics. I'm still hoping the time frame will work out for me to join you all. I'm such a poor landscape shooter that I'd love to learn from the UK APUG Masters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cheryl, I hope that you can make it, we are looking forward to meeting you.

Bob, I used to drive from Maidstone in Kent to the lakes and back in a weekend, I'm not sure that, some 30 years later, I would like to do it now. That's why we are making it a long weekend, driving there on the Friday morning and leaving on the Monday.
    As far as I know there is only one weather condition in the lakes; wet. It can be warm wet, sunny wet, cold wet, and frozen wet. I jest?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    As far as I know there is only one weather condition in the lakes; wet. It can be warm wet, sunny wet, cold wet, and frozen wet. I jest?
    Harsh Dave. Harsh...

Checkout the BBC Cumbria site. According to the weather section, the entire North was bathed in sunshine today!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm definitely still on and am driving up from Kent for the weekend. I already have one maybe for a passenger, but am happy to take another if anyone else wants to go but doesnt want to drive - of course sharing the diesel costs would be an extra benefit too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm back in too! My redundancy was cancelled at the eleventh hour (actually 23:59, apparently I am worth employing after all...!) and I will be joining y'all, even if the accomodation's gone and I have to drive up and down each time!

Cheryl, if you don't show I'll have to eat this Belgian chocolate myself. You wouldn't want me to get even fatter, would you?!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's good news Frank. The job I mean, not the chocolate - but on second thoughts...........
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin