Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 719

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    After much internal wrangling and turmoil, I have decided to take the cowards way out and go for the B&B (horse and farrier) - I know, I'm a coward - but all of a sudden, subzero temps and sleeping with 10 layers of clothes didnt seem an overly attractive option, that ond the fact that I am a southerner, of course.

this thread has been a bit quiet for a while, and the B&B didnt sound like they are fully booked, so who is actually going? will i be on my own???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As one soft southerner to another, I quite understand.
    I can reconfirm my wife and I have our room booked. John Neal told me that he had booked the last “double room”, that was on the 27th December. So you could be out with the horses yet Leon.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be there probably on the Friday and will either be camping or staying in Peter Hogan's luxury mobile home. Can we decide a meeting place and time.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm aiming to be there by early afternoonish on the friday. Perhaps we could meet up in the fri evening to make a plan of action for the weekend?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We will also be arriving on the Friday afternoon. Would the bar of the Horse and Farrier Inn be an acceptable place to meet? Around 6pm in time to plan dinner? Any preferences anyone?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    We will also be arriving on the Friday afternoon. Would the bar of the Horse and Farrier Inn be an acceptable place to meet? Around 6pm in time to plan dinner? Any preferences anyone?
    Sounds good to me, Dave. I've just had my room at the Horse and Farrier confirmed for the Friday and Saturday nights.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm out this time - lack of money. Why don't you all come over here in spring?

Or autumn:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lodalen.jpg  
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

check out www.meetup.com to coordinate meetings of flash groups centered around a common interest.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should be up on the Friday: assuming I can get a cottage owner to let me arrive a day early - at the time of year it shouldn't be too difficult (I never book until 2 days beforehand anyway - they are usually very happy to get a booking at such short notice) and will stay the week.

The suggestions Les made earlier in the thread (Castlerigg followed by Borrowdale (I'm only familar with the twin bridges there) and also Buttermere (I can add to my "The Ash Tree" collection - though at this time of year, the Pines near the Honister Pass end probably make better subjects as the Ash tree will be naked ) sound a very good idea to me.

On 12/02/05 Apparent Sunrise is at approx 07:30GMT and sunset at 17:15 (obviously, not in the valleys..). No moon to speak of: 4 days after new moon.

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. Batten down the hatches tonight (7/Jan/05) - Severe weather warning from the Met office over Scotland, North & E. England - 90MPH winds.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    As a new boy to these things, I'm looking forward to learning from being around the others. Depending when my wife can get off work (she is coming too) we should be there before 8PM, so late for planning dinner, but possibly in time to join in.
    I'm happy to go along with suggestions re subject matter, this is not a part of the Lakes that I know well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin