Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,367   Online: 873

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in as well, I shall be camping in Keswick.

I hope to arrive on Friday afternoon and leave on Monday.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john neal
    As a new boy to these things, I'm looking forward to learning from being around the others. Depending when my wife can get off work (she is coming too) we should be there before 8PM, so late for planning dinner, but possibly in time to join in.
    I'm happy to go along with suggestions re subject matter, this is not a part of the Lakes that I know well.
    There will be at least two other wives in attendance. We can sort dinner details out later.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    I'm in as well, I shall be camping in Keswick.

I hope to arrive on Friday afternoon and leave on Monday.

Barry
    So that's about twelve in the party, including wives, who may or may not participate in the picture making.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all. This is my first post to this forum so I'm an unknown quantity. Sparx pointed me in this direction and being keen on both cams and crags, thought I'd try and muscle in if the numbers are not yet top heavy.

As far as I can tell we're / you're talking a meet up in Threlkeld (Horse and Farrier) on Friday 11 Feb for around 6:00pm, at which we can sink some ales, eat, check the forecast and plan a route.

The other thing I would mention is that Fri 11 Feb will be the start of school half term for most of the country and hoards head off to the lakes for the week. I'd book your B&B now rather than leave it nearer the time. If it's just the Friday night, my experience is that a number of guest houses will turn down a single Friday night even though there's a vacancy, hoping that in the not too distant future they'll fully book for families wanting to stay Friday to Friday. A full weekend shouldn't be so tricky. Personally, I'll be able to stay just the one night and will have to head off home Saturday night.

Am I in?

philmorris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad you found your way here Phil. Unfortunately I can no longer make it and I am gutted but nver mind. Hopefully, if all goes well this will be a regular thing and I will see most of you another time.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by philmorris

Am I in?
    of course Phil . I think most of us have already booked in the the horse and farrier .... see you there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Look forward to meeting you Phil.
    If the traffic is bad, then remember to blame Leon for chosing the venue, weekend, idea etc.
    I'm told that hotels will be busier because it's also the nearest weekend to Valintine's Day; whatever that means.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I knew there was another reason for inviting my wife ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I should have known it would all be my fault. !

it's also the nearest weekend to Valentine's Day
    i wondered why my fiancee was in such a hurry to make sure I was out of the way for the weekend ...?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Iím considering making an effigy to fix to my carís dashboard. The idea being that each time I get stuck in traffic on the M6 when Lakeland bound, I can stick another pin into it and listen for the screams. Iím not sure that it will have the slightest effect on the traffic, but it will give me something to do, an alternative to my habit of shouting at the guy in front to explain his birthright and lack of driving style. Anyone any ideas on a suitable subject and the best material to use, and the optimum length of pin? I suspect that it will need to be fairly durable, and a good supply of pins will be required. Maybe I should use a Holga as a model, must consider this carefully! From where does one purchase hat pins these days? Perhaps I should just take a sack full of Holgas, and throw them at whoever gets in my way.

On a much more serious note; anymore thoughts regarding our itinerary , or do we sort it out on the Friday evening over dinner?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin