Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,508   Online: 720

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the itinerary will be largely weather dependant and thus probably best sorted out at the time. Probably best if anyone who has a suggestion brings a few notes (directions to the locale, what's there, best time to shoot, etc.) and we see what appeals to who. We can either go with a majority vote or split into smaller groups and meet up / swap around periodically throughout the weekend.

What do you think?

Someone also mentioned that people attending might want to bring two or three prints along to pass around during the evening sessions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had originally anticipated participating in this get together but I will have to bail due to family and work pressures. Seems I will be in India either that week or the one before.
    Hope everyone enjoys it

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the dashboard effigy, I suggest the obvious: Two-Jags Prescott - who else... You mean you do not have a local milliner's shop to buy hat pins? You will have to try your nearest haberdashery instead... Perhaps just hang it by the neck from the rear-view mirror and tug on it's legs occasionally...

Donner Kebabs! That half term holiday probably puts the kibosh on my getting an extra day out of any cottage or flat owner. What idjit wants to drag their kids to the Lakes in February - and how many 13 year olds will thank them for doing so?... Ha!

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Perhaps I should just take a sack full of Holgas, and throw them at whoever gets in my way.
    Less of the toycamera bashing ... some of my best friends are Holgas.

On a much more serious note; anymore thoughts regarding our itinerary , or do we sort it out on the Friday evening over dinner?
    over dinner is fine by me, as long as castlerigg's on the agenda, I'm happy to go with the flow.

I'm going to try to pop to SunkenKirk Circle, nr Swinside at some point too, although it is a fair way south of Keswick so will probably go there on my way up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd suggest a gentle walk up Langstrath which is in Borrowdale and not far from Keswick, on a decent day there are some good photo locations. Good idea to bring along 2 or 3 prints. Can someone tell me where the meeting place is?
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    I had originally anticipated participating in this get together but I will have to bail due to family and work pressures. Seems I will be in India either that week or the one before.
    Hope everyone enjoys it

Phill
    That's a shame. Enjoy the alternative, whatever it proves to be.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Less of the toycamera bashing ... some of my best friends are Holgas.

over dinner is fine by me, as long as castlerigg's on the agenda, I'm happy to go with the flow.

I'm going to try to pop to SunkenKirk Circle, nr Swinside at some point too, although it is a fair way south of Keswick so will probably go there on my way up
    Looks good in the snow.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We will also be arriving on the Friday afternoon. Would the bar of the Horse and Farrier Inn be an acceptable place to meet? Around 6pm in time to plan dinner? Any preferences anyone?
    I had previously nominated the Horse & Farrier Les.
    Your suggestion for a stroll sounds good, I like the gentle bit. Is Castlerigg better at dawn or dusk? I'm quite happy to point my camera at anything, providing it dosn't move too quickly.

Yes, must sort out some prints to show, I must have at least one that I'm not ashamed of!

I must give the H&F a ring to find out if we have to book for dinner, will let you know. After that it could be the chippy in Keswick.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just been informed by post that the Keswick site...

"due to recent flooding.... the site has been deemed uncampable"

I now have to consider my options. I may not be joining you this year.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    that woudl be a great shame Barry - surely there is some other option?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin