Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,645   Online: 848

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is not good news Barry, hope you can sort a site out.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm really sorry folks, but for various highly tedious reasons I'm going to have to pull out of the Lake District weekend. I was really looking forward to meeting you all, and having the opportunity to take some pics in the Lakes at last, but alas it's not going to happen.

I hope the weekend is a huge success, and perhaps I can join in next time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You'll be missed, Ailsa.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to hear that Ailsa, we'll see you next time then.

It's getting close so, to recap, here are the firm plans so far:-

Meet at the Horse & Farrier pub, Threlkeld on the Friday evening about 6 pm for dinner and to discuss the locations, get some dinner and show some prints that we have brought along. turn in early and get up to catch the dawn at Castlerigg (not far from Threlkeld) then off to our planned itinery.

That sound about right?

cant wait

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Sorry to hear that Ailsa, we'll see you next time then.

It's getting close so, to recap, here are the firm plans so far:-

Meet at the Horse & Farrier pub, Threlkeld on the Friday evening about 6 pm for dinner and to discuss the locations, get some dinner and show some prints that we have brought along. turn in early and get up to catch the dawn at Castlerigg (not far from Threlkeld) then off to our planned itinery.

That sound about right?

cant wait
    Sounds ok to me. Is the turning in early bit because your promised to but the beer?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Phew... that's me sorted (http://www.borrowdalecottages.co.uk/) - talk about last minute bookings....

I'll be driving up from west London (from near Heathrow, M40, M42, M6) starting at between 6 - 7 a.m. on Friday, so if anyone would like a lift let me know, but be aware I am not returning until the following Saturday 19th.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello All,

As you know, the campsite I booked (at Keswick) was closed due to flooding. I could not find another in the area that opened before March. I orignally decided on camping so I could get early starts.

I tried to get accomodation in the Threlkeld area. Interestingly the Horse & Farrier had vacancies for Friday and Sunday nights, but not Saturday. All other B&B's I tried did not want to offer a single for just three nights. I 'almost' had a cottage in Keswick!

So I have decided to work now and see you all on the next meet. Hope you get some good light.

Best regards

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear it, Barry. Catch you next time around.

Just as well you're not camping though... The forecast at the moment (keeps changing) sugests you'd be putting your tent up in pouring rain! Clouds and sunny intervals for Sat and Sun (wellies might be in order, though! )

Keswick forecasts here - http://www.meto.gov.uk/lib/includes/...y/keswick.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, as Frank says, that is not good news Barry.
    Well, we are packed and ready for the off at around 10am tomorrow. We plan to arrive at about 4pm, but if the M6 is anything like it was today, then we shall be grateful just to arrive. However the thought of all that photogenic mist and rain spurs one on, does it not?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Snip...However the thought of all that photogenic mist and rain spurs one on, does it not?
    It certainly does, and I can almost smell the woodsmoke from the pub chimney!

Have a great trip, take care.

Barry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin