Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,480   Online: 956

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW,
    My wife and I will be in England for a 2 - 3 weeks in August of 2005. We will spend the first few days in Haywards Heath -- Making Brighton or London an option if you have a more urban inclination -- and the remainder of the trip will be spent in northern England and Scotland.

Just a thought...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    FWIW,
    My wife and I will be in England for a 2 - 3 weeks in August of 2005. We will spend the first few days in Haywards Heath -- Making Brighton or London an option if you have a more urban inclination -- and the remainder of the trip will be spent in northern England and Scotland.

Just a thought...
    Haywards Heath???!!! You've GOT to have a good reason for wanting to spend any time there... :o

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    However, Brighton isn't such a bad suggestion. Even though I'd prefer to go away from my home town for a meet up, it is a fun place to take pictures, and the facilities at Photo-media are great, so we'd be able to process and print (we'd have to pay, but Jerry's a decent bloke and I'm sure he'd give us a good deal).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailsa
    Haywards Heath???!!! You've GOT to have a good reason for wanting to spend any time there... :o
    The Star Pub of course!

Actually my wife's parents...

The fact of the matter is Haywards Heath is close to Gatwick, and half hour from the coast or London. It isn't picturesque, but it sure is convenient.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hoping to be there in February. If you happen to plan it then, can I come? Even with my screwy accent?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    no probs Cheryl - you should hear those Norfolkers if you think you've got a screwy accent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    no probs Cheryl - you should hear those Norfolkers if you think you've got a screwy accent
    And what about the dialect of Kentish Men, or Men of Kent even! Kentish Cockney is of course jibberish. So worry not Cheryl, we will each have to communicate via our laptops.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    And what about the dialect of Kentish Men, or Men of Kent even! Kentish Cockney is of course jibberish. So worry not Cheryl, we will each have to communicate via our laptops.

Being a Medway lad (and born on the Man of Kent side of the river), I only speak Chathamese - the original Estuary English , so I dont actually understand anything you've just said Dave

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe I'll show up too?

I even understand Aberdonian - after about five glasses of "falling-down water"...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm up for a long weekend in the Lake District or the Derbyshire Dales, early 2005 in a tent to help cut costs. A bottle of the falling down water is the essential ingredient after film and camera.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin