Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,838   Online: 792

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just don't get the falling down water near the standing stones. It would be a shame to see them fall after all these years.
    If I'm aloud to bring the boss (my wife) we're in also. We've been planning a trip there anyway so this just makes it better. The sooner the better. We want to see castle ruins though, Leon are those considered standing stones?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    2005 in the lake district sounds good, but I'm open to all suggestions. Work has a habit of getting in the way, so it's probably best if I remain neutral on time and place and just try to make it, wherever it may be.

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    no probs Cheryl - you should hear those Norfolkers if you think you've got a screwy accent
    Wach yew tarkin boot thar bouy? There hent noo one hoo dunt understand us narrfuk fook.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    127 Format
    while the lake district some time next year sounds like fun (and something we should probably do), do we really need six months notice to put a camera, some film, and a few bottles of wine in a bag and jump on a train for the weekend?

Obviously we need to plan it, and give everyone enough time to make sure it doesn't clash with existing plans, but unless we're thinking of a major event, then more than a couple of months just seems an eternity away.

All we really need to do is pick a base location and find a local "leader" to pick a couple of places to shoot (one for Sat afternoon, another Sunday Morning).

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lake District is fine for me, but I'm happy to travel pretty much anywhere in the UK.

Canvas would be an issue for me as my back is currently so far out that it's nearly my front! A pub that does B&B near a campsite would seem to fit most people's needs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    a weekend camping in the Lakes would be fine with me too. Feb would be good for me as I have lots going on until then, although I might be able to squeeze in some time before then.

Does anyone know the area well enough to suggest a good location for camping, B&B and central for the best locations? I've stayed in Keswick before which was great (with castlerigg only 5 mins away, I would be VERY happy) but I'm sure there must be alternative equally great locations. Any ideas?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ailsa - please, not Brighton! I have a theory that Brighton has more photographers per square inch than anywhere else on Earth.... Now, Haywards Heath... that WOULD be a challenge!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper
    Now, Haywards Heath... that WOULD be a challenge!
    Surely we're bringing enough flashers of our own...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with Les on this one, the lakes are superb early in the year. I would be interested in meeting other APUG'ers. Camping or B&B OK for me, Wasdale is great (but remote).

Barry
    London UK

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin