Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,038   Online: 905

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm flexable on time. I think we should establish who wants B&B, as I do, so that that can be sorted and booked.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll be going down the B&B route too and can manage pretty much any time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thinking about this event, it seems to me that we should be careful that the planned weekend doesn’t end up as two groups doing their own thing i.e. the campers going one way and the lodgers going the other. May I suggest that we should be looking for a Pub / hotel that can cater for those that want B&B, and also cater for the campers attending for the all important Saturday evening meal, and social. Some of you may be thinking of filling this slot by consuming baked beans from a billycan whilst sitting around a camp fire, but my old bones demand that the campfire be inside a pub, and, in any case I find bake bean consumption a little dangerous these days.
    One further idea: If we each bring a couple of mounted prints, say A4 or smaller, then these can be passed around during evenings social, as an icebreaker. Otherwise we will have to put up with Leon playing his mandolin; now there’s a good idea. By the way, we intend travelling up on the Friday afternoon, so if anyone else plans to do that as well, then we shall be pleased to meet you over a meal on the Friday evening also. This earlier arrival is necessary to allow the tripod carrier a half-hour shopping slot in Keswick on the Saturday morning, without which she’s liable to sulk.
    If the above is acceptable I’m happy to trawl the net and see what sort of accommodation is available and what sort of group prices, and report back.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    One further idea: If we each bring a couple of mounted prints, say A4 or smaller, then these can be passed around during evenings social, as an icebreaker. Otherwise we will have to put up with Leon playing his mandolin; now there’s a good idea.
    That is a great idea, I'll bring the guitar as well then shall I?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    If the above is acceptable I’m happy to trawl the net and see what sort of accommodation is available and what sort of group prices, and report back.
    That all sounds great - I would prefer to rough it in my tent, so please search away if you are happy to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will probably be camping and I may have the wife and a small Jack Russell with me so will be needing a dog friendly campsite. Will be wanting to travel Friday so the meal is good idea, as is Saturday night social gathering. Datewise I am easy as nothing is (yet) booked in this far in advance.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    127 Format
    Anyone planning to travel up from the south coast?

I've just checked and it is almost exactly 7 hours drive. Thats pretty impractical if I'm doing it on my own, but if anyone else heading up from the area, maybe we could coordinate travel arrangements, making it easier/cheaper/more fun?

I'm in Bournemouth, but it makes sense to coordinate travel for pretty much the whole south/sw coast.

Anyone interested?

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi ian - I'll be driving up from Kent ... although the drive isnt really that bad, well it wasnt last time I did it. But I regularly drive long distances. My fiancee might be coming with our two dogs so there may not be room for you, but if they dont come I would be happy pick you up to share fuel costs? there would be room for three passengers if anyone else wants to join in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dave,

That sounds good. I will also probably travel up on the Friday night and please count me in for the Friday and Saturday night meals and gatherings.

Regards,

Frank

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ok then, I shall see what is available with prices etc, and post the details in a week or so. It would help if others would say if they want to camp or lodge or make their own arrangements.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We are planning the B&B thing also. Can you guys be specific with location and timing. We've spent some time searching via internet, The area is huge so I'd hate to make the wrong plans.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin