Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,874   Online: 1152

Page 1 of 21 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

UK APUG Chapter meet-up-and-shoot 2004/5

here we are then ... any thoughts on where, when, how long for and to do what?

Anywhwere with some standing stones or coastal areas would suit my requirements, even if I didnt take any pictures, but I am open to negotiations of course

this is exciting.
    Last edited by Leon; 08-27-2004 at 07:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When? Whenever for me unless there is snow or ice on the ground (not good for two wheeled transport :o ).
    How long? I think a weekend to start, Perhaps Sat morn to Sun eve so 1 overnighter.
    To do what? During the day we shall be mostly exposing chemicals to light and the evening shall be mostly spent exposing our bodies to chemicals and good food.
    Where? The toughie. Fairness says Birmingham, but i personally am with Leon on the seascape/rock thing with a few ruins and cemeteries thrown in for luck.

Just as a thought, we could try and tie in something with Cheryl when she comes over, she mentioned possibly February.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will come if I can get away. We have loads of lovely coast here in North Devon / Cornwall. But I appreciate this not a very practical suggestion for most in the UK. I do have a very good photo knowledge of the area though. This idea is super.

Neil.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was thinking maybe somewhere 'out west' would be good. Scotland would actually be my first choice, but my finances are such that I think I'd have trouble justifying it for only a short weekend.

I was about to request that it should be a weekend that doesn't clash with any Brighton & Hove Albion home fixture, but given our dismal start to the season, any distraction would help lessen the pain... :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailsa
    I was about to request that it should be a weekend that doesn't clash with any Brighton & Hove Albion home fixture
    WHO?

This sounds good and if its within reasonable bounds I would be up for it. It could be quite an occassion

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    here we are then ... any thoughts on where, when, how long for and to do what?

Anywhwere with some standing stones or coastal areas would suit my requirements, even if I didnt take any pictures, but I am open to negotiations of course

this is exciting.
    Good idea, will put my thinking cap on. I've a stone in my front garden that would keep Leon happy, but it's a long way from the sea. I think we should find out who is interested, and find a venue near the middle the area covered, to reduce travelling time. To recap, who is attending the Crown Mono event in October, I know Les is, because he's one of the speakers, but who else?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave

I am attending the Crown Mono meeting

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    if we are going for a full-weekender, it would have to be somewhere near a campsite (yes, even in winter) ... not sure i could afford b&b etc.

I've often thought i would like to visit the welsh coast as it holds some well kept secrets, so I'm told. But it's still a bit out there for most of us.

so far we have:- Midlands, Norfolk, Kent, Sussex and Devon. central to there would be ... wiltshire/ oxfordshire-ish? no coast though ... bearing in mind recent threads, a classic and overshot location would be great for us to all work our individual perspective magic on, dont you think? ... the Yorkshire Moors, Wiltshire Downs, The lakes (a bit far for many), North Cornish Coast is one of my faves, but a long way from most again.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I'm in Bournemouth - it's on the coast, but lacks any realy drama. My origins are in the North East (or Les country as it shall now be known), and the coastline there is great, but it's just WAY too far to travel from here.

Practically I'd prefer it to be within about three hours drive, which it somewhere south of Birmingham, and west of London. I suspect that somewhere midlands-ish is going to be the most practical for everyone. Not too bothered about the specific location - it'll be fun wherever.

It would be good if there was an experience local prepared to plan things, so we end up in some good places rather than spending the day driving around lost. They could also probably spare some floor/garden space for those on a budget.

I know someone who does cheap block bookings at posh hotels - if we get some rough numbers, and a rough location I can get some prices (and a nice place to stay might keep partners sweet if that's a problem for anyone).

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I envy all my British Isle friends. There is such a tremendous phtographic community to begin with, and great opportunities everywhere in Ireland, Scotland, Wales etc as well as being much more geograpically compact then US. I wish you all good hunting and good light. Raise a pint for me when your done.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Page 1 of 21 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin