Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,200   Online: 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Not to play devil's advocate, but I've never liked the prints I've gotten from Kentmere (I can only find their VC fibre base, here). I respect that others get great results, and hooray for choice...but for me personally this paper's always been muddy, no zing, etc.

A huge difference when I switch to Ilford paper...but as I said, that's just me.
    Yea I have to agree with Colin. The things I do like about this paper are it's very cold tone, it dries rather flat, and it has a very nice surface (the glossy). But what I don't like, which is more important is its overall tonality. Blacks seem good, til you compare them to Ilford. And the paper doesn't have much more contrast than grade 3 1/2 or so. Not flexible enough for me, regardless of the price.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    I am still curious why there is such a big cost difference between them in the UK?
    Keith I suspect that nobody here may have access to the knowledge that is required to answer yout inquiry and you may need to ask Ilford or Simon Galley may respond here. Let's hope he does. His U.K. customers deserve answers.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Keith I suspect that nobody here may have access to the knowledge that is required to answer your inquiry and you may need to ask Ilford or Simon Galley may respond here. Let's hope he does. His U.K. customers deserve answers.

pentaxuser
    If Simon has read this thread, then I hope he will reply Mike.
    Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Ansel Adams used Kentmere frequently and results are excellent. I did not see any Ilford print out from him.

Umut
    I have never heard that Ansel Adams used Kentmere. I have heard that he used Oriental Seagull ( http://www.orientalphotousa.com/press_adams.htm ) and later on in his carrier Ilford Galerie, but this I am not sure of. Does anyone know?

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin