Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,269   Online: 758

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *&%@* eBay!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

*&%@* eBay!

In case you haven't been to eBay UK, today, they've rejigged their classifications and Film is now all pretty much together with categories as follows:
    Film Photography
    Film Cameras (13,138)

Movie Cameras (295)

Darkroom & Developing (1,819)

Film (2,908)

Film Backs & Holders (45)

Film Editing Equipment (4)

Lens Boards (6)

Motor Drives & Winders (18)

Movie Camera Accessories (15)

Rangefinders & Accessories (17)

Slide & Film Projection (968)

Other Film Photography (967)

So that's 13,000 film cameras all lumped into one category while there are 4 categories with double figure entries and 2 with only single figures. The main victim seems to be LF as it is unsearchable using "Large". Who trains these guys?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya, and I'll bet thirteen thousand of those are holgas.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sometimes think I must be the only photographer in the World who has never bought a camera or lens on ebay, I've had the vast majority of my gear for more than twenty years I'm happy with it and I enjoy using it and not worrying about constantly upgrading it.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-05-2011 at 02:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I sometimes think I must be the only photographer in the World who has never bought a camera or lens on ebay, I've had the vast majority of my gear for more than twenty years I'm happy with it and I enjoy using it and not worrying about constantly upgrading it.
    That makes two of us!

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bureaucracy at it's best Peter.

I think we should just sit back and have a dram or two.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As long as I can keep getting B+W filters for $2.50, I ain't complainin' !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Ben, it's been one of my pleasures in recent years to buy cameras I had yearned for in years gone by, but could never afford at the time. This has taken me through F3, FE2 and F5 Nikons, Olympus OM2Nand mju 11, Minox GT, Canon EOS 50E, and flirted with rangefinders including a Leica M3, Bronica RF645 & Fuji GSW690, virtually all of which have been tried and eventually moved on for the same or more.

I'm tending to move away from 35mm now, but I've just developed a roll of HP5+ from my 36 year old Olympus Trip 35 tonight to see if it is still working. While it looks like the meter might be a touch off, I'm keeping the Trip and have no desire to "upgrade" it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    it's been one of my pleasures in recent years to buy cameras I had yearned for in years gone by, but could never afford at the time.
    Me too. Thanks to EBay I now have a Leica M6, a Rolleiflex E2 2.8 Planar and a Rolleiflex WA. Still hanging on to my Nikkormat FTn too which I bought new back in the '60's.

Shooter
    35mm
    It certainly doesn't look to be change for the better. More difficult to drill down and find the section you are looking for. Say for example it is MF lenses for a P645 then having to check through a lot more items than necessary every few days isn't being user friendly.

If it wasn't broke then why fix it?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    and unfortunately like craigslist here in the US you can't mark something as misclassed. And +1 ha ha to what Rick the Artist (aka: *~*) said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin