Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,194   Online: 712

Shooter
    35mm

Anyone from Liverpool?

In a couple of weeks I've got to go up to Liverpool to do some archive research.

Does anyone know if the Cunard Building currently has scaffold and sheeting in front of it? This photo taken on the 1st June shows sheeting at the side, but is there a plan to place this at the front?

I'm thinking of taking some night shots of the Three Graces but don't want to lug all the equipment up there on the train if one building is shrouded.

Thanks!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looking at Liverpool Waterfront webcam, can *just* see what looks like scaffolding & sheeting peeking round the side of the building. Rather than relying on dodgy webcams, you could try telephoning the management - They have a web site: http://www.cbre.co.uk/ext_cunard_building

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Paul, the webcam is a great help. If it's not distinct on the day I leave I'll make a call.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Reporting back.

In the end I didn't bother with a tripod as BBC Weather said it would probably be raining the whole time. It actually turned out really nice and was sunny. On the second night I took the photos of the buildings and the sheeting was still on the side of the Cunard Building. I braced my camera against a handrail and bracketed from one to ten seconds. It was really windy and I ended up shooting a whole roll of film to make sure I had at least one shot where the camera didn't move. This is a test print from last night, needs a bit of work on the highlights:

Fuji Reala, Nikon 18mm lens.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thats reala impressive...Get it it? Reala? :P
    Seriously though thats one good shot
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin